Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

For a written assessment, our students will need to use the text entry box in a Canvas Assignment (online text entry only). The text entry box pops up with the message "Copy and paste or type your submission right here" (see screenshot attached). Our...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-23-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It appears that people with "teacher" status in canvas can't be assigned to groups.  Do you know of a workaround for this?  We are using canvas as a central place for a project and gave everyone teacher status so they could create pages and more...  ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello. One of my student's Canvas shells is in Spanish. Can we change this to English in the settings? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to use a quiz multiple times in order to let my students practise grammar.How do I copy a quiz without the previous answers? Can I duplicate it somehow? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot see images that my students are posting in a thread. They repeatedly say the images are visible to them. I have tried different browsers but face the same issue.LK

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I kept trying to post my response to a question on one of my discussion boards numerous times, yet it would not let me post my reply and eventually the assignment locked. I don't understand why it would not let me submit my response.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have attendance tool where a teaher marks the presence or absence of a student.Is it possible to integrate some additional tools to make it automatical? For example, if our institution has fingerprint scanner or QR scanner in the class and if they...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello. please help meHow to add a question with mathematical formulas to canvas from api?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My assignments are not showing up either. The submit button does not appeared and I can't see my inbox. How can I fix it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Once I am logged In My canvas page keeping flickering and doesn't load when I want to see my assignment, grades, etc 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,How can I grab a Canvas Course Marks export csv file via API? It is not presently clear to me from the documentation.Kind Regards

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been teaching for 5 years, and have had about 2 - 3 courses per semester, per year that I've taught. Currently, I have about 20 courses that I am an instructor in. As a result, when I try to search for rubrics (i reuse the same one for when I ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

How do you set up conferences by using the calendar?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I am unable to submit assignments for any of my courses. When I click on an assignment, the "Submit Assignment" button is there. However, once I click on it, I do not get redirected to the page that says "Choose File" for me to actually submit ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I return an assignment to a student to be redone?  I can't find a prompt for that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Unable to create assignment, an assignment already exists with the name and due date.  Does that mean it aleady exists in PowerTeacher Pro Gradebook or in Canvas?How does the teacher correct?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-25-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have searched EVERYWHERE for this answer and cannot seem to find a solution. My district needs all the real estate we can get for our login screen. Is there any way to remove the "Body Shadow" from a Theme in the Canvas Theme Editor?

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-12-2023 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

After I build a quiz, can I print a hard copy?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is  there a way to listen events from Canvas ?  I am trying to integrate Canvas in an Event base architecture but I cannot find a properly way to do it  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

how can i turn in class discussion? i do not have a respond/reply tab anywhere on the page or even a submission link. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I have a group assignment that's graded on a group basis. In addition, student groups will present the assignment and need to be graded individually on their presentation skills. I have set up the presentation as a separate assignment, selected "...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of my student's disappeared from the roster of an older class as soon as she enrolled in a new class.  She is on the new class roster.  How can I recover her enrollment for the older class (and not lose her data)?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is there any way I can send a message to any students who have not submitted an assignment? Similar to what you can do for a online quiz?Thanks, Cam

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The current content editor allows you record a media comment within an announcment, page, etc...In January 2020, Flash will no longer be supported.Will this option for recording video within a text box remain available for users or will you replace t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In my courses tab i have all current courses i am enrolled in, but i also see three org sites i happen to be a part of. these 3 org sites take up all my notifications and do not allow me to leave the courses themselves. i am not interested in these o...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know why I do not have a duplicate option for a module. All the other modules in my course have the duplicate option except for one. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I set up an assignment with peer review, a rubric in which students are supposed to write comments. I can see their comments in Speedgrader, but they cannot see the feedback they provided, and therefore not edit it, once they have submitted. This is ...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I am using Mastery paths, where I have a short testout quiz and depending on the score, the learner can carry on through the module or must take a remedial page of training first. The problem is that when a new user first reaches the quiz and take is...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-24-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I am trying to set up groups in 'People' which is currently hidden. I need to make to groups visible to students but if I make 'people' where groups are located students can see the 'Everyone' tab as well with sensitive info like student numbers a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies