Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

help is greatly appreciated

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-20-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you enter a grade scale?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up go to training in canvas for my students as an instructor?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-14-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need help looking for my student (.edu) email. I can find my email section that leads to my personal email, but I'm not sure where I can find my student (.edu) email. Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

after you submit an assignment, how long do you have to wait for your results?  Thank you

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Moving from Blackboard to Canvas...We are looking at:Plagiarism tools (Turnitin, Unicheck),Accessibiility (UDOIT and Ally),Conferencing (Collaborate, Big Blue button, BBB with subscription, Zoom) Media (Kaltura, Studio)Proctoring (Respondus, maybe Pr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 9 Replies

In the past students could use MS Office free. How do I find that if it is still available?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-21-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I set up a calendar with time slots for my students to book 1:1 telephone slots with me

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Alongside my two previous topics, the new Canvas update has turned all quizzes into blank screens, making me completely unable to work on them; due to the quizzes being timed for 20 minutes, this is directly harming my grade with no way to fix it. Th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

As well as not being able to respond to discussions, all assignments that I try to open result in a blank screen when going to the assignments page, leaving me unable to work on any of my work. This is VERY detrimental and needs to be fixed ASAP. Bef...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way I can respond with the new changes?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't see my dashboard which keep flickering. I thought it was loading data but nothing came up. Also, when I get access to each course page, contents do not show up properly. I already checked recent version of Chrome and guessing CANVAS is upgrad...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-19-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,When I click into Discussions page, it doesn't show any content even though my instructor has already added the assignment in the Discussions Page:And if I click from the module, it says Loading replies... although the top says 5 replies. Pleas...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

An embedded video in an assignment is no longer live. How do I delete it?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I have done all suggested and and I am using a MAC computer which is  compatible with Canvas and still nothing. Really really don't know what to do - is there a help line where I can speak to someone and they can talk me through what I am doing wrong...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HiI am really struggling to access my course materials. Help!!!  This is all very confusing!!!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

One of my classes is not showing on my dashboard or in  all courses ?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to be pointed in the right direction, as far as what document would explain this.  I missed where this was somewhere 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have tried adding a contact method, but only SMS and email show up. and I no longer have the option to have push notifications on my pathway portal settings.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-18-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I happened to be reading about new and upcoming changes in Canvas.  I came across the news for the new Rich Content Editor (see below).  Is there.some kind of change that I need to make as an admin?  Thanks.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Students have been asking me why they don't get notifications for announcements.  THey only get 'notifications' for messages and calendar changes and if new assignment or content added.  But none for announcements.  

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Entered and published a new module.   Unable to view.   I restarted my computer. And module added is not viewable. Is it probably a technical problem with canvas? or what?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot find in the student analytics or in the gradebook how to see how many times a student submitted. Any suggestion?Thanks.Laura

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am bumping up against my file storage limit and am unable to upload any more files. When I delete them from the course Files, they disappear, but my File Storage does not update accordingly. How can I remedy this? Thanks.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My students get notifications about their grades on their phones about their grades. I would like a positive notification every now and again to make notifications more fun and less stressful. Is an announcement the best way to do this is to this? Wi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is the Q & A Forum in Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Students are already in my course, but the course has not started yet.  How do I keep the Announcements from going to their email box while I work on changing the dates?Annette

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've gone to a lot of effort to design visually appealing homepages for my students that help link them out to different areas in the modules. Unfortunately when they view them on their chromebooks the resolution or screen size must be different beca...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

The "Total Grade" in Canvas is not always accurate, for example I have a course that only requires 60% or 600/1000 points to pass and I have a student with over 700 points and it is showing a grade of 'F.'  I have of course overridden this grade, but...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I just recently enrolled to Santa Fe College.  I'm trying to do the new student orientation on canvas and nothing will load at all. I go to courses,  I select the orientation, and when I do that nothing loads on any tab.  I have no idea why it is doi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-22-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies