Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

When some students are accepting our invitation for the class on Canvas, sometimes their name is replaced with numbers. How do we fix that?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've uploaded GIFs for the thumbnail images representing a couple of my courses on the Canvas dashboard. When using a computer, neither myself nor my students can see the gif move - it is simply a still image. If students log in using the Canvas app,...

• 1 Likes
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I add a few students as observers?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My class involves a lot of video assignments, submitted as media recordings. This last week all student assignment submissions have also started appearing in an "unfiled" folder under Files. Not only is this quickly taking up all of the course site's...

• 4 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Yesterday and today, random students are having an issue logging on to take a test on the Lockdown Browser. It lets them log in initially, but as soon as they start navigating within Canvas it pops up with a blank screen and they can't move on. The a...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know of a way to audit cross-lists ?  things like who did the cross-list, when, parent course, child course(s)?  Having problems with bad cross-lists and would like to identify the source.Bruce HarrisonUT Martin

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My syllabus content (Method of Evaluation and Course Calendar) only show in edit view.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can successfully login to my Canvas account through the app on my iPhone, yet when i try to login on my Mac, It says I have an invalid username/password. I have tried multiple times to reset my password with the "reset password" option below the lo...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is anyone curious as to how migrating old quizzes to the new quiz engine will work? I am patiently waiting for Canvas to give some direction. 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My dashboard won't load on my computer. I have full wifi connection and it will load perfectly fine on my iPad. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

student submissions seem to overide previous submissions. How do i see all submissions for an assignment

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have problems using canvas. I have no reply buttom in my forums.. and i'm unable to find quizes?Premission problems or setting problems? please see attachements#problem #issue

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I deactivate notifications for "New submission comment" on discussion posts? They keep popping up on my phone 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Could someone please tell me when the next BCPS Innovative Tech Meetup will be?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are into our second term of using Canvas, and have established as our goals consistent use of modules, the syllabus, and the grade book. Without paying for additional reports, and lacking the IT/Canvas admin staffing to create our own, is there an...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why do only a few students have the "not graded" icon in the gradebook and not other students?  None of them is graded yet--the grading deadline is days away.

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I'm looking for a way to control if/when students receive the automated course invitation from Canvas.Question 1: Is there a way to turn off the automatic invitation when I enroll a student? I would prefer to send them an email with my own text and a...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I gave a module exam in Mindtap and can view the scores. However the scores do not show up on Canvasfor students to see. How do I Synchronize???Gary Bergreen, Chaffey College

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm using Canvas to manage professional development content across an entire division of professional staff and graduate assistant, and I'm trying to reduce the need to create overly long pages of content and/or loads of individual pages.I've tried t...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Instead of having students email me weekly journals, I would like to have them submit to a drop box. How do I addone?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do you use the canvas math equation editor

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Where is the code to sign in?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,Noticed our rich text editor looks a bit different this evening. wondered if others had noticed or if it's just something our IT dept have enabled. Apologies been out of the Canvas loop for a few years!Thanks, Will

• 2 Likes
  • 6 Replies

What's the difference between copying a course vs. exporting and importing its contents? When would I do one or the other?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I need to enter my MyMathLab access code for my course. I cannot figure out how/where to do this.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, is there any way to edit Roll Call Attendance to allow a specified number of absences before reducing a student's grade? I allow three absences, but the mechanism deducts points from the first missed absence. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies