Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

How do I change a student's email address? Canvas has attached an email to the wrong student. This has happened more than once. However, once it has done this there doesn't seem to be a way to give the email back to the right student. How do I resolv...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Good Morning:I ran into an issue last night around midnight trying to upload a youtube video.  I had no idea how to do it and no idea where to look for help.  I ended up calling the HelpDesk and the young lady walked me through the process.  Are ther...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-18-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello again,I am trying to delete a section but it says I can not delete a section with people enrolled.However, I am the ONLY one enrolled in the course yet I can not delete it? Why?It also says I am a student... but I can not remove myself as a stu...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-26-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can find another student Maryville's email account?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Flipped classrooms - this is a course I did as PD a couple of years ago, thought it a real good idea, a concept with a lot of merit, but when I tried to implement it to my Year 11 Software Design class, "horror" was on their faces, but we don't do ho...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

information

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will I lose my students' quiz submissions if I change the quiz type afterwards?Thanks for your help!

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are interested in what others are using to manage video content -- i.e. a platform to store, stream, record. edit, caption videos.  Looking for a system that can be integrated into Canvas.   We have our eye on Panopto, Echo360, VidGrid, TechSmith ...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I create tabs within the syllabus tab in Canvas as shown below? And once the tabs are created how do I edit content in each of the tabs? Is this possible? 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-17-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Has anyone used Google Analytics for Canvas to filter the data by college? We want to filter the data for our university by the college of engineering, education, nursing etc. Would I do this through a dashboard or subaccount? I'm brand new to Google...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm waiting on news about my certification but no one is responding

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have three students who are in my class actively participating and when entering grades last night I noticed they were missing from my class rosters and I no longer have access to enter grades for them.They are now listed as inactive.  I can still ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add another student to my Canvas to see their grades? I have another who just entered high school.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how to leave a class.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a student assignment submission that a student mistakenly submitted to the wrong area?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I add a lab assistant to people who can view my course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-19-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

None of the links or information are appearing on my canvas site on my macbook. Does anyone know how to fix this

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,I had joined group 1 and I have even raised a question in our team. Today, I just looged in again and I realised that not only I am not in group 1 and I am in group 26 but also that all the rest of my team members have been moved to another gr...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I cap each weighted section in the grading so that the max of each section won't exceed 100%? I assigned extra credit to different sections, but when the "final" grade is calculated, the percentage (for different sections) exceeds 100% and th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to export my quiz - item results to a csv or pdf. I see that this maybe was an option in "Quizzes" but can't find it in the new platform. Is this something in the works or is there a way to do it now?Documntation of old quiz export optio...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

We installed Canvas from Bitnami. But there the Conference (bigbluebutton) is not enabled by default.I tried to install BigBlueButton app from the EduAppCenter as in the picture below:where "Config URL" is: https://www.eduappcenter.com/configurations...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

If I put a test in Canvas does it have read aloud?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to hide or delete some items from the parents' view. How can I do this ? and is it possible to hide "view grades" on the dashboard from all the school account as we don't have grades, 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to submit an assignment, but the page comes up blank. I have the same problem with all other links on canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Attached wrong file about "personal" life as a pdf instead of homework pdf. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have watched the clinic to cloud tutorials as required for week one homework. I can't seem to find how to access a clinic to clod a/c to practice.Any advice?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you add multiple line answer options to multiple choice questions.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is it possible to put equations in a message sent to an instructor in Canvas? This would be very useful in order to make things clearer when asking questions. Support for LaTeX in the messages portion would be ideal.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if there is a setting I am just missing/over looking that allows me to change the week start for my calendar to Monday. Every other calendar I use the week starts on Monday so I occasionally overlook the fact the week starts on...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a class list with names and emails of classmates available for a course I am enrolled in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies