Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

We installed Canvas from Bitnami. But there the Conference (bigbluebutton) is not enabled by default.I tried to install BigBlueButton app from the EduAppCenter as in the picture below:where "Config URL" is: https://www.eduappcenter.com/configurations...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-18-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 Replies

If I put a test in Canvas does it have read aloud?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to hide or delete some items from the parents' view. How can I do this ? and is it possible to hide "view grades" on the dashboard from all the school account as we don't have grades, 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-17-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to submit an assignment, but the page comes up blank. I have the same problem with all other links on canvas.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Attached wrong file about "personal" life as a pdf instead of homework pdf. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I have watched the clinic to cloud tutorials as required for week one homework. I can't seem to find how to access a clinic to clod a/c to practice.Any advice?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do you add multiple line answer options to multiple choice questions.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-07-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Is it possible to put equations in a message sent to an instructor in Canvas? This would be very useful in order to make things clearer when asking questions. Support for LaTeX in the messages portion would be ideal.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I was wondering if there is a setting I am just missing/over looking that allows me to change the week start for my calendar to Monday. Every other calendar I use the week starts on Monday so I occasionally overlook the fact the week starts on...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a class list with names and emails of classmates available for a course I am enrolled in?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all,Wondering if there's a way to use Boolean search terms in the files page to search for certain file types in a somewhat Byzantine folder structure?Cheers

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-18-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My class required google hangout(COMM 122) and my professor sent the link through the course but when I click on it. It's alway turn on Google Meeting. Are they the same or difference? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I get in touch with my instructor for my course? The email doesn't seem to work.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Had someone ask if you could make the self enroll function add the user as a teacher vs. a student. I can't find anything about it or a way to do it, so thought I'd ask! 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What are groups intended to be used for?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get an official transcript mailed to me ? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student accidentally uploaded a submission to the wrong assignment. Is there a wayof deleting that submission? I don't want delete the assignment and redo it.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I/How do I set the announcements tab to be the home page for my students so it is the first thing they see when they open the course on Canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am just starting with Canvas so sorry if what I ask is very basic, but I have followed instructions in the manual, not working and it is driving me mad:I want that the frontpage/landing page of my course is a page in which I will create a index/...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is there any way I can add an audio recording of myself reading quiz questions in a quiz? I have students who need oral presentation and I would like to avoid walking around and reading it aloud to each of them. Thanks so much!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, is it not possible to set more than one correct answer to a quiz question?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone have any experience integrating SurveyGizmo with Canvas?We are using SurveyGizmo to gather pre-workshop and post-workshop feedback from learners and would like to embed the pre-workshop survey as an assignment when students register for t...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 07-23-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

trying to see how much time i have spent working on assignments in the canvas app.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have an instructor who has imported all his old announcements into his new course. He then edits them to set a Delay Posting date.Up until Sept 23rd, those announcements included a "Posted on" date to the right on the main announcement page. Starti...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-23-2020 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

HiWe're struggling with the rubrics feature in Canvas.  We need to be able to grade university assignments where the lecturer would select one and only of the criteria and the grade be awarded on this as a letter grade ONLY.  At the moment this can n...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have an instructor who recently gave a quiz to his students and then realized that there was an errant question on the quiz.  The quiz parameters were 50 questions, 2 points each.  He wishes to throw out the question and have the quiz worth a total...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When using the highlighter feature in speedgrader, the highlighting blocks text and makes whatever is covered illegible.   This is the case in Safari on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone.  If I use Chrome on my Mac, the issue isn't there.  But it does remain ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have been having difficulties submitting some of my French speaking assignments. Of late I don't get the option of submitting  the assignment ,what should I do?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you use a spelling and grammar check in speedgrader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I post a video? When I hit reply there is no video option. Do I record first?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies