Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello,i logged on to Canvas, my courses are there, however they are blank. I logged on to my app on my cell phone, and its visible. it's not visible when I'm on my Mac. who can help with this issue? I can't attach my assignments as it's blank.Julia 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone,We are working on LTI 1.3 implementation. We have deep-linking working and now trying to implement score service. However, we keep getting 500 (Internal Server Error) from the token service. We have followed steps outlined here OAuth2 End...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how to upload an assignment to instructor

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was disappointed to learn that the Question Group option in Quizzes chose the questions for the students. I thought the student would be able to choose 1 question from the 4 questions in the Question Group to answer. Is there a way to make this pos...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to see the word count on an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i add a gif to an announcement?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hola Canvas,First of all, thank you in advance for your support.Today I want to learn how to copy or transfer one module from one class to another.Can I do that without exporting my entire Canvas curriculum?Please let me know.Gracias,Jay Lewenstein

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My canvas won't allow me to access any of my assignments or announcement or anything really. It gives me the options of each of my classes and the classes itself, but thats about it.It won't let me submit anything either. I can't see anything wheneve...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good afternoon all,We have multiple sections with some of our courses.  It seems that when an instructor attempts to assign an assignment to one section, Canvas only displays 3 sections initially.  If the section you are looking for is not there, you...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I teach Geometry and images are typically crucial for a good Geometry test/quiz.  As of now, I've just been avoiding all questions that require a picture.  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey yall,I am trying to get an answer on if the admin can give rights to edit the announcements for the participants?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I see that there is a 500 MB limit for videos uploaded into Canvas.  How large are the video files that I uploaded directly into canvas?  Is there anyway to determine this or download those video files again to my computer?  I want to see the video l...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am very frustrated. I created a class on Canvas and now I can only find the LMS community.  How do I find my class?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Last semester I was able to select "Hide Grades" when I started to grade an assignment and the whole classes grades for that assignment would be hidden while I was grading and then I would post the grades.  This semester that is not working and I do ...

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I was wondering if there was a bit of code floating around that would allow me to add Estimated Reading Time (X minutes) similar to how the pages on this website has Start Small, Start Now | Accessible U ?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Having issue with my submission on canvas. Please help assignments are visible but are not allowing me to submit

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to create a new Login resource for users to tie into our existing SAML authentication. I have tried to create a new entry using the API posted here: Logins - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation  I keep getting a 404 error. My account has ad...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! The board of the The Bandana Project is wondering how we would best be able to remove students who have graduated from the Canvas page, so they don't continue to receive emails whenever we message carriers through Canvas. Thanks for your help!...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you add a signature line to email in canvas?  

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you update the "to-do" list if things will not delete after completing?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In Canvas Course - why does it say 'Unauthorized' when I try to access documents in assignments? Some students are able to access it, while others are not.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I investigated this in the past but thought it was worth bringing up again to see if the software has improved. We haven't been using Graded Storylines in Canvas because it seemed SCORM was inconsistent with reporting the scores back to the gradebook...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have just started my NPQSL and need to nominate a mentor. I read that ideally my line manager should be this person, however my line manager is a new headteacher, who has plenty on her plate. So could the Head of Day School be an OK replacement?Reg...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot find my instructors comments on an English assignment I turned in. She said I should be able to view it under, "Assignment Comments." I have found no such thing at all.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have two students with the same name (first and last). They have different identities, but when forming groups, none of this is visible.Is there any way to differentiate the two students when assigning groups?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I download an excel file with my students' names and emails?

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies