Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I inadvertently labeled some of my content as 'Assignment' when it should be a 'Page' - but I can't seem to find where to edit?Does anyone know how to do this?Newer to Canvas,Deborah

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-07-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When I log into my canvas page I am unable to follow provide links to assignments. My dashboard won't load and I'm am unable to submit assignments. I'm not sure what I can do to fix this problem, any suggestions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete a paper assignment that I already submitted

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I set up my course to allow assignments to be late for a 10% deduction per day for up to 6 days.  However, my students are telling me that the assignments are locked after the due date and won't allow them to submit them late.  I am so confused.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I find proof that I submitted my assignment in on time? My  professor is having trouble opening it so I need to be able to show that it was submitted before the deadline. Thanks

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I allow a student 40 more minutes on her previous (already submitted) attempt?  Currently the test is set for 75 minutes, but a student only used 35 minutes, so I would like to allow her 40 more minutes to finish the test.  If I allow a retake...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

WHAT DAYS IN NOVEMBER DO WE HAVE NO SCHOOL ? FOR THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY ? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When I open app and go to my courses it kicks me out of the app. This only happens on my IPad, I’ve already reach to Apple support and text support at the University neither re able to up help me with this issue. Can not use the app for my courses pl...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way I can send an automatic reminder to all people who have signed up for an appointment group?Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

For being my first time, the video tutorial tells me what can be done in RCE, but not HOW or WHERE to access it.  I am totally lost.I am trying to record and upload an introductory video for my course.  Rather frustrating.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a test bank I have in my files in Canvas.  What I want to do it put them into a test bank.  The documents are in word format and I dont think it will upload into a test bank.  At least, I cant figure out how to do it.  Could someone direct me ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone know why when I link from the home page to a week page under the modules area, it brings user to the center of the page rather than to the top? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a parent with 2 students on my account.  I no longer need to observe 1 of the students.  How can I delete that student from my account so that I will only be able to observe 1 student?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-09-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am trying to create an iOS application that uses the Canvas API. According to this forum, students have access to API keys that students only have access too. That is fine, I was wondering how do I get these keys?Any links that would direct me t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm restricted from emailing block 2 students; the class starts in 3 weeks. Does that capability begin at a certain point before a course begins?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I use the discussion feature to ask students to post 3 questions for every class.  I need a quick way to get an overview of who has posted when so that I can tell if any students have missed posting for a given day.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you go about linking CANVAS to cengage mid tap?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have twins who both have Canvas accounts. Am I able to see both of their canvas accounts on mine or do I need to set up two separate parent accounts?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1.  I have the Free for Teacher's account.2.  I have a student who submitted an assignment before I could create the groups that go with the assignment.3.  Neither he nor I can seem to find a way to delete his google doc upload so I can change the gr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for students to submit a shared document from Office 365?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, how do I make the Discussion tab viewable for the students? I have created discussions that the students can not access. Help! Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When taking a quiz in Canvas on a laptop computer, once a student selects an answer, then uses two fingers to scroll to the next question, the scrolling action changes their answer choice.Anyone solve this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble viewing my classes and assignments and such. My dashboard screen is white and when I try accessing my files from classes it's also white.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I re-open a test for an individual student after the due date?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

ARE WE ABLE TO CHANGE THE NAME OF OUR COURSES SO THAT WE CAN DIFFERENTIATE THEM?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm looking for the best option for conducting peer review of submitted assignments that facilitates groups of 3 or larger all being able to see each other's comments.  To my knowledge, a writer can see all comments from their peers, but peers ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student submitted an essay to me. I never received it. This past weekend, another teacher was grading papers on Canvas and she came across the essay. How did that happen, and how can we prevent it in the future?#lcjvs@lcjvs @bscanlan ‌

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use to mac computers, one a Macbook pro stays at home, and works fine to log to Canvas.  I want my other laptop Mac to take to class and log in too.  Why does the second mac computer not log in all the way.  I can see my setting, but not my courses...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am several weeks into a course I set up using points for each quiz or assignment without inputting how the weight of each entry should count towards the total (I somehow missed that option during the set-up). I read a recommendation here to assign ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-06-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I link front page to a specific module? Not to the Module page, but to a specific module.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies