Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hello, simple question, how do I download an e textbook? Thank you!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I exported a Canvas Course (file type is imscc) that I developed at a college where I teach. Now I want to import it into my teacher canvas platform where I will modify it for other nonprofit use.  I have the course file among my files in the teacher...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there, I am attempting to access a video lecture, where the link to the video is imbedded in the instructions. When I click the link, it says the page cannot be reached. I have tried it on chrome, internet explorer, fire fox, my mobile phone brows...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can only see syllabus and modules but my assignments are blank

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a discussion project due in APA format. I wrote paper on Microsoft Word. How do I get that file transferred topost discussion to turn in????? help!!!!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to figure out where I am supposed to get the required reading materials for my class. Am I supposed to google it and read it from there?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As the title says, I cannot view my courses on Canvas despite receiving email updates about said courses saying that there are assignments. I went to All Courses tab and the future enrollments says that the courses are published. How do I fix this ev...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I try to look at my assignments and everything is greyed out. When i try to submit a discussion post their is no sumbission button. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you open a discussion post to post an assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I used the video recorder as an attachment for a project for a class and I also followed the instructions posted on this site. When I hit save, it made no indication that it was saving and although the instructions said it could take a while for long...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get rid of the crossed out eye icon on a gradebook assignment?  I know it will be easy but I can't find it.  

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I teach a non-credit ESL class. Students' main device is their smartphone. Can students view Outcomes? I have it in my top navigation, but the "eyeball" still says not viewable to students. I assume this means they can't view it on any device, much l...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I unlock the sign up for a group project on People tab?An assignment in my class is for a group project.  The students sign up on the People tab for the group topic they want to work on.  The sign up is locked.  I have published the assignmen...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a Canvas account through my university. I recently got a link to set up a course onto my dashboard for something outside of class. I would like to use the same account as my school account, so I had the person send the invite there. I can get ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to reorder by highlighting and left clicking and drag and drop in the right order does not work.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

New courses for 2020 plus locating my Canvas account

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas SupportHow do get to Canvas Support for videos

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello, I just want to keep this short and simple. Pretty much whats been going on is that all the classes that I signed up for this quarter are gone from my canvas dashboard. Every time I check the "All Courses" section in the courses tab they are go...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,  I have set up my assignments but I'd like to offer places within different modules for students to be able to submit the assignment.  How do I create a link in a page to allow for an assignment submission?Thanks.  

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

On my dash board I cannot see my classes it just keeps blinking

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

can you take a quiz a second timeI thought you could but not sure how too. Thanks 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I post a discussion board reply or post, how can I format my references in APA format with a hanging indent? I have tried to copy and paste from a Word document, and sometimes the hanging indent stays and sometimes not. Please help!Rebeca

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you turn citations into hyperlinks?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am at a public computer and am finished using canvas, ready to logout but there is no logout button. I clicked on the account icon but no logout option was given in the preceding options so I cannot logout of the website. Please help.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to manage and delete a group?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How to I access the reading material required for an assignment? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not all of my tabs will populate. For instance I can see the Modules and Home Tab. When I hit the link for Assignments, Grades, etc... nothing but a blank screen shows up.  I have used chrome, safari, and firefox. It works fine on my wife's computer ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm teaching an online course, I've already divided the class into discussion groups but need to add one more student to one of the groups. How do I effectively do this without creating a problem? dsimeone@iu.edu

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies