Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Recently, my assignments are no longer showing on the calendar when I look on my laptop. However, I can view my assignments on the calendar while using the canvas app on my phone. How can I view my assignments on the calendar when I'm on my laptop? P...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-13-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We set a Proctor role with viewing of Announcement and viewing of Grades turned on.  The rest art disabled and locked.  However, proctors can see the preview of the quiz even if it has not been published yet.  

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I change the point value of the quiz questions?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-12-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I get a poem I'm including in a quiz to be single spaced? I'm getting an error message that the poem (only 350 words) has too many characters. I've copied/pasted from a doc that is single spaced and it still double spaces.Thank you.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,Can you tell me how I might comment on papers submitted through Canvas and keep those comments unseen to students until I post grades and comments on the papers for the whole class?I saw the "mute" option in each submitted paper, but I'm wondering...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot submit anything through my google drive and when I try to press on the google drive icon nothing happens. This happens both on my personal laptop and my Chromebook. However, I am able to submit through google drive on my parents' desktop, bu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When I go to turn in my assignment, I press submit and nothing happens...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I make announcements viewable for my classes? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-11-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone know of a tool that can be added in Canvas that is similar to the reading accessibility tool "Read & Write" that is a Google Chrome add-on?  We have a handful of students who use this tool for support with reading but we are finding it do...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a policy for Chamberlain School of Nursing on rewriting portions of an assignment that was turned into the instructor and if so where is it I can't seem to find any reference of such policy in the handbook or on the website. Any help on this...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I recently transferred Universities and I need too access my old course syllabus's to receive transfer credit for them. Can anyone help me please?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Will Canvas be changing the 32-bit applications to 64-bit so I can use an Apple computer in the near future on Canvas? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I import people from another course?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Newbie to groupHow do I download a file using the API?The file is a *.docx.I see GET /api/v1/courses/:course_id/files/:id That will give me the URL:  https:.../files/id/download?download_frd=1&verifier=XXXXbut it wants to open in my browser, and then...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-16-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there any way to download a quiz/test I have on Canvas?  I am needing to submit to an administrator my test .

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm new to canvas, I just uploaded a video under a discussion. The video plays fine, but it has no sound.. It is not muted in the video, my computer speakers are on and work for other videos I play with other programs... Any ideas on how to fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I know how to mute/hide an assignment. Would either method hide annotations made in speedgrader, comments left in a rubric, or comments left in the comment box? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Is there a way to make a test using previous test  and not going back through each test bank?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-14-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Quick question: Is anyone using Xerte embedded within Canvas? We are considering using Knowbly and I wondered if Xerte had any users.Thanks!

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My school has shown us how to use Turnitin as a plagiarism checker and the tools in Canvas to grade papers. However, once I do that, my kids cannot seem to locate the GRADED  PAPER with my marks on it from within CANVAS and I have not been able to lo...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-14-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Is anyone else having this issue? Do we have to download Chrome or something?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Am I able to set up an Auto reply in discussions to remind my students of items?#Discussion

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you create a CSV file in order to upload grades?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can an instructor view the peer review assignments? I have students who cannot find their assigned partner, and I don't know how to help them.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Every time I try and put my conference  in full screen it only shows a white blanket screen. Audio still works but I can see the slides or follow along. #bigbluebutton #fullscreen #recording

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I recorded a conference session on BigBlue Button last week. The recording was working previously but I just tried to watch it again and it doesnt seem to be working. It will have the audio and chat, but the slides will not show progression. How can ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-07-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I focus the microscope when doing lab assignments in McGraw?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’m getting the following message when clocking on Bluejeans link:The page you were looking for doesn't exist (404)Status: 404,Error-message: Couldn't find User without an ID,Error-code: 56a37568-c5b2-4f6e-bafe-22be35a819a9,If you are the application...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to make it so that students can't see their grade on something they're submitted until they open the attached comments? Or something similar?  Asking for a friend (my teachers).  Simple yet creative solutions will get me giddy! :smil...

(Community Coach)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-13-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why can't students open a link to file I have in my canvas files. It says "access denied- your instructor has been notified of a problem with this link" I also am not sure how or if I was notified.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-10-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies