Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I set up graded Discussion Forums for a course that has 5 students enrolled. When I access the link to the first discussion forum, I only see #1 student's post.  However, when I access Speed grader, I see submissions to grade from students #2 and stu...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. Music 114 has disappeared from my Dashboard last night at 11PM. The class was not supposed to close until 11:59 and students are unable to submit final assignments. Please advise either here or at cday@contracosta.edu. I am also unable to grade s...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where is the text effects and typography in Office 365 or Microsoft Word 2016?  I, my husband and daughter are not able to find it for a class.  I have googled it an it still isn't helping me to find it.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I have submitted an assignment/quiz that was submitted before completing. My professor has reopened the quiz to allow me another chance at it but for some reason canvas will not allow me a second attempt at it. The professor has checked numerous t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Student is in one course, but needs to be in a a different section-same course.  I have searched in Canvas for answered questions but could not find an easy fix.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Salve, sto usando Canvas per Cornell University e non riesco a modificare le pagine del mio corso dal mio computer di casa. E' un mini mac del 2013 versione 10.6.8 formato mac OS esteso.Potreste aiutarmi?Grazie!Carolina Ciampaglia Translation from Go...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where do I find and print the certificate for taking the canvas orientation course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I delete an individual student's assignment

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can I open this in a new tab or within Canvas without downloading the image file (png)?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I'm a student and I'd like to be able to change the color background or border of my courses once I'm inside them. I'm taking four classes right now and have to look at the top of the course to make sure I'm in the correct one. I've changed the c...

• 5 Likes
  • 12 Replies

MY canvas will not load on my computer. every time i click something on my page it won't load. what soul di do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Am I the only one having issues with canvas tonight? It  lets me log on but when it shows my dashboard the cards are just empty and keep flashing as it was buffering...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Looking to see if there is an option for changing the language option to Irish??

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added my class, but it isn't showing in canvas like it's supposed to.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do I nickname a course on dashboard?

• 1 Likes
  • 10 Replies

So I dropped some classes, but I'm still enrolled in their canvas courses. There seems to be no way to delete myself from the courses, but is there any way to stop these specific courses from notifying me every time something in the class happens wit...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can't find any information on how to withdraw from a class?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,In Course Navigation when I click on the Grades link, settings icon, for some reason I cannot see Late Policies option.I only see View Gradebook History, Hide Students Names, other options related to columns and enrollment, but no Late Policies...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been trying to access assignments for classes through canvas on my MacBook. I can see everything just fine from my phone and desktops but my not from my MacBook (which I've already made sure is up-to-date). It will load the side bar with Account...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I clear my dashboard of old courses?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Would I be able to create a "quiz" in the Quizzes function within Canvas that a student could access multiple times to edit? I have what I call a "final exam" in a class that is more of a thinking, writing, and content application exercise. "Grading"...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have most of my assignments set up for automatic late penalties, so that if a student submits an assignment, quiz, or discussion post late, there is a corresponding late penalty. However, I have some assignments where I allow students to resubmit w...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

i am an instructor and when i log into my course page i cannot add any content. i down see any edit button. could you help? rmy5@columbia.edu. thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the Canvas gradebook, am I able to weight different portions of the students' grades?  If so, how do I put the %s for each type of grade in the Canvas gradebook?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have assignments assigned to me but they do not load when I click on assignments tab on the left.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have developed quite a few pages that display #interactive molecular animations that all depend upon a Javascript library called Jmol. All of the pages work as developed both from local windows directory AND from a Linux server. SOME of the pages w...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas went live for us at the beginning of this semester, which was earlier this week. Although we didn't use them, we created course shells for the Fall 2019 semester in our Canvas instance. We are moving away from Blackboard, so faculty need to ge...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies