Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi,I am trying to create an iOS application that uses the Canvas API. According to this forum, students have access to API keys that students only have access too. That is fine, I was wondering how do I get these keys?Any links that would direct me t...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-07-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm restricted from emailing block 2 students; the class starts in 3 weeks. Does that capability begin at a certain point before a course begins?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I use the discussion feature to ask students to post 3 questions for every class.  I need a quick way to get an overview of who has posted when so that I can tell if any students have missed posting for a given day.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-08-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you go about linking CANVAS to cengage mid tap?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have twins who both have Canvas accounts. Am I able to see both of their canvas accounts on mine or do I need to set up two separate parent accounts?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1.  I have the Free for Teacher's account.2.  I have a student who submitted an assignment before I could create the groups that go with the assignment.3.  Neither he nor I can seem to find a way to delete his google doc upload so I can change the gr...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way for students to submit a shared document from Office 365?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As an instructor, how do I make the Discussion tab viewable for the students? I have created discussions that the students can not access. Help! Thanks!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When taking a quiz in Canvas on a laptop computer, once a student selects an answer, then uses two fingers to scroll to the next question, the scrolling action changes their answer choice.Anyone solve this?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am having trouble viewing my classes and assignments and such. My dashboard screen is white and when I try accessing my files from classes it's also white.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I re-open a test for an individual student after the due date?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

ARE WE ABLE TO CHANGE THE NAME OF OUR COURSES SO THAT WE CAN DIFFERENTIATE THEM?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I'm looking for the best option for conducting peer review of submitted assignments that facilitates groups of 3 or larger all being able to see each other's comments.  To my knowledge, a writer can see all comments from their peers, but peers ca...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student submitted an essay to me. I never received it. This past weekend, another teacher was grading papers on Canvas and she came across the essay. How did that happen, and how can we prevent it in the future?#lcjvs@lcjvs @bscanlan ‌

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I use to mac computers, one a Macbook pro stays at home, and works fine to log to Canvas.  I want my other laptop Mac to take to class and log in too.  Why does the second mac computer not log in all the way.  I can see my setting, but not my courses...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am several weeks into a course I set up using points for each quiz or assignment without inputting how the weight of each entry should count towards the total (I somehow missed that option during the set-up). I read a recommendation here to assign ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-06-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I link front page to a specific module? Not to the Module page, but to a specific module.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am interested in a workflow solution whereby a specific assignment type will forwarded to a custom user role.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am actually here to report a problem, canvas was having some issues and as a result of that I couldnt take the assigned quiz i dont know what to do

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted a paper to be reviewed and was notified by email it was ready but I can not find it. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using Standards Based Grading in two of my courses this semester, and as such I have chosen to use Canvas's Learning Mastery Gradebook (LMG). On my end, other than a few kinks, I got the LMG figured out and appreciate the information it provides...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-17-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how do i merge accounts? email address was updated so i have 2 accounts with very similar email addresses. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Nothing is loading on canvas and I need to upload a paper and it won't let me.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why is there nothing on my canvas??? Third week in to lectures.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am in the process of grading assignments. For a few of the assignments, I cannot see the text of a file that a student has uploaded. Instead, I receive this error message:Your LTI tool has been misconfigured, please contact your institution's Canva...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i share a google doc and have it make a copy for each student in my course

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hva betyr dette ordet i fohold med CANVAS? Også, hvor kan jeg finne gamle Question papers i Canvas?Dette spørsmålet er oversatt med Google Translate.Subject: qualificationMessage: What does this word mean in terms of CANVAS? Also, where can I find ol...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear allI need an urgent help! I've prepared a Canvas Course for my students, and suddenly my password as teacher has been denied by the system, blocking my access. I've asked to reset it but the reply was useless:"You have requested a password confi...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. Trying canvas for the first time so please excuse if this is a rookie question.I am trying to institute a percentage-based grading system For example, we have a course in which quizzes are worth 30% of the grade. So far we have given 3 quizzes. A...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to undo a wrong course import? I imported entire course content from a wrong canvas site.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-05-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies