Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello,I am an instructor for SDV 100 and NOVA. I allow students two attempts to take their final quiz. A student logged in and logged out by mistake. I would like to clear one of her attempts. How do I do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On Saturday I purchased a pesticide core and public health course. It hasn't been sent to my account. Im wondering what I need to do next?Joe Nelson(telephone number and email address redacted by the Community Team to preserve privacy)

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola Canvas,Thank you for your support.I'm an English instructor.For each novel I assign to a class, I like to make my own multiple-choice quizzes.Can I format a multiple choice quiz in a word document to convert to Canvas.I feel more comfortable wit...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Everyone--How do I show points for an Extra Credit Assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hola Canvas,First of all, thank you for your support and attention.I often include charts, graphs, and images in my Canvas assignments.Sometimes, I provide a complicated series of instructions with visuals each step of the way.When I try to save thes...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the intent behind submitting feature ideas and how did this get to be a thing? The reason I ask this question is for few reasonsIf the feature idea is such a great idea, then why is it so hard to find one to vote one.Feature ideas are like po...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 17 Likes
  • 18 Replies

How can I link Canvas to LearnSmart Assignments on McGraw-Hill Connect so that Students can view their individual progress from the Canvas Site?

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am confused by the warning that appears when one wants to delete a rubric and start fresh: "When you delete a rubric, it will remove the rubric from all associated assignments in the course and delete any existing associated assessments." (See the ...

• 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

If I sort an assignment in my grade book by missing or late, how do I "unsort" it so that my grade book will go back to its original alphabetical order?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I have changed the required answer in a quiz. How can I change the grade without having to check all the quizzes individually?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to create 5-10 common "feedback" comments for grading an assignment? Typically by the third or fourth paper in, I begin to see gaps/patterns in student learning, and I end up typing the same comment on many papers. For example, I have ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi I am a Programme Administrator for the BA in Early Childhood Studies Programme, our whole programme submits coursework online, we have just moved to Canvas this year and I am able to access the Grades section but I would like to know: (1) how do s...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I am still having trouble seeing my information on my dashboard. I have tried everything I can think of, and I can't download any other search engine, I have a Mac and can only use safari. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I logged onto canvas this morning to take a quiz and it was not loading, so I exited the window and tried to go back onto canvas, this time it loaded but it was extremely zoomed in and my dashboard is not loading properly. I tried to zoom out and I t...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,When an instructor comments in the submission section of a student's assignment, prior to submitting a grade, is there a way for the student to receive a notification that the instructor commented?Thank you,Audra

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,I am a Canvas new user.I would like to find out how you can create course templates in Canvas in the same way that you could in Blackboard Learn or Moodle. Likewise, in Moodle there were plug-ins available with different types of course formats...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can i change the background color of a table? There is an option "Advanced->Background color", and it works if I write for example "Yellow" in that box, but how do I get a general color?  

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cannot see anything on the laptop when I opened the canvas. What should I do?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I assume that the presentation of the clock timer when a student is taking a quiz is a global setting. I see in the student view, the student can choose to view or to hide the clock, but I am wondering if there are any other adjustments to the presen...

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do you change the theme and background colors in Canvas?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

HOW CAN A STUDENT WITHDRAW A FILE BECAUSE HE UPLOAD TO THE WRONG MODULE?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I save my answers periodically while taking a quiz or final exam?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi! I want to log onto Module 1 in my course, but I can't. The due date is tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I just got my Mac fixed and when I get on canvas my discussion board in the Module where I am supposed to upload and respond to classmates says "Loading Replies" and it never loads them. How do I fix it? This is not happening on my PC,I want to use m...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My canvas is not working on my computer or my phone it won't show my assignments or go to my class pages but it shows what classes I am in I can get to this help page and my account but that is about it as soon as I click on a class it won't load any...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to know why Canvas has recently stopped working properly when using Safari. The page constantly refreshes and every time it takes the page back to the beginning. This is irritating when you're part way through reading a Canvas page and it ta...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies