Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Everytime I log into my canvas none of my classes will load and I can't access any work.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I understand the concept that a grade retains the visibility status of the policy in place when it was entered. However, if a grade is deleted, THEN the Grade Posting Policy is set to Manually, THEN the grade re-entered, the grade is visible. Here's ...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't download submissions for assignments because the button "Download Submissions" does not appear.I am sure that there are submissions to download because several students are already graded in the gradebook. Every assignment contains 50 questio...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

If I have left out a criterion that I truly would like listed 2nd as opposed to the bottom of the list, can it be moved?

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Does anyone know how to add observers to the inbox?  I want to be able to message observers in my course and I only have access to students and teachers.  Is there a setting on the admin panel that allows this?Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello. I am wondering how I and if I can fix my name, how I appear in canvas. I accidentally put it lowercase and want to make it uppercase. Than#k you.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Broken links on canvas community tutorials.I'm not sure where to post this.All the broken links come from this page:Canvas Student Tour Videos: Canvas Student Tour The links on this page that are broken:https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1069 htt...

• 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Difference between saving in a discussion and saving and publishing?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a teacher who imported course information from last year's class.  She'd like to hide some of her assignments in her Gradebook view, as they all are showing up (whether graded or unassigned yet) in her view of her portal.  Is there a way to hi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I imported these quizzes into my course and they show up in the gradebook, but not in the module.  How do I find out where they are in my course to assign them to a lesson?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'd like to sort the Moderate Quiz page by attempt and score.  Even better would be to filter by section, too.  I'd also like to be able to see all my students on the same page; maybe an option to max 50-60 to a page.  We use Respondus LockDown Brows...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Teachers at my institution often request the ability to give learners a marked document with suggested amendments, which they could then edit and resubmit. (This was possible on previous platforms.)Unfortunately, while both Canvas Speedgrader and Tur...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello Canvas community,I was going through the release notes about the new rich content editor coming up. I see in the release notes that there's a production delay for the rich content editor but available on beta instances. Unfortunately, I am unab...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

my canvas wont allow me to upload my assignment or even open the assignment tab

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been grading essays for the last month or so. I didn't realize that there was a "closed grading period". I'm unable to enter the scores now. Can someone please help me with this? I understand that only an admin can unlock that setting, I belie...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know how to delete an individual assignment, module, or quiz from the list of such assignments/quizzes/modules.  Is there a way to delete multiple assignments, quizzes, or even modules at one time?  Thanks!

• 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Min canvas fungerar inte. Kan inte få upp de grejer som jag klickar på. Hur gör jag? Jag använder safari. Translation from Google Translate:My canvas is not working. Can't get the stuff I click on. How do I? I use safari.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Some (not all) of my students are reporting that the timer is ending and submitting their attempt within a few minutes of opening a test (the tests should be lasting 40 minutes). What can be done to solve this? 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How would I as an admin enable my teachers to start a new course?

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a module that will not open and I'm getting behind in my class due to this. How can I access this module or open it myself?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I export a course and quizzes from one user to another?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm deciding if to upload video files.  Each is 1 GB.  What's the standard default volume per course in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have a student that has uploaded his assignment into Canvas, and I don't know if there is something I can do to correct the problem or if he did something wrong.  I am not able to grade his paper , and I see nothing that will enable me to grade his...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I move a quiz from the quizzes to modules?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working to support chemistry teachers who need to put their assessments on Canvas and align them to Outcomes.  Their unit tests involve mostly multiple choice, but several of the questions require students to show their work. The teachers are bu...

• 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My students are taking an exam online through a proctored system (Proctorio) and my students are telling me that they can get into the exam but once there no questions pop up. (So they pass into the Proctorio system just fine.) This exam has been cop...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi!I submitted the right assignment for my History class at first. But days later, some random assignments from another classes popped up instead of the History one. My history teacher is only able to see the latest submission (which is the wrong one...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was trying to update my profile pic with a different profile pic. I went into files to upload a picture under Account>Filesand I get this message "Error: file size exceeds quota". I also noticed on the left that I have used 285% of 52.4MB.

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies