Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How do you turn on the plagiarism function?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do I send a blanket email to my class?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi AllI have been asked by a member of staff to add this questionnaire to the end of a course in canvas.  It is possible to create this questionnaire in Canvas using the Quiz function ?  any advice will be appreciated, thank you.I have attached a cop...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello there,Is it possible to find out when a quiz started and ended?  There were errors with quizzes last night and a lecturer needs to know when students started the quiz.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello there,I've had some complaints from students that they're not receiving announcement notification e-mails, and on further investigation, it would appear that their e-mail address has not been confirmed and they never fully registered.The proble...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

When grading essay quizzes, I always leave students specific comments on questions for which I am not giving the student full credit. A student asked me how to access these comments, and I cannot find instructions in Canvas Guides or Q&A. Can you hel...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Discussion - I posted discussions for my students to answer.  They made initial posts, but now the discussion is gone for them.  I see it on my side and it's published, but when I check student view, this particular one and some of the other ones are...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I teach an accounting course where groups of students do financial statement analysis. The group is supposed to then answer questions about the assignment.  Some of the questions will be multiple choice (e.g. a question about the trends they are seei...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,everyone!I've met a problem.Today the prefessor gave us a quiz and we are assumed to upload our code to the canvas before the due(10.45am).I clicked the submit buttom on 10.45,but it shows me ".....failed.......".I was wondering that if i was l...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to duplicate a course and in the duplicated version, edit the name and content to be different. Is this possible?Basically I don't want to have to redo the structure of a course I already have. I just want to change content within.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our institution is primarily made up of home-schoolers, so we are trying to find ways to utilize Canvas tech to create a sense of community among them. We have set up a parent information course, which has discussions and information, but I'm wonderi...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have looked through the Q&A for information about zoom LTI in canvas.  We have the links working but cannot figure out how to get zoom into groups for small group work.   Is anyone doing this?     How are you going about this?Currently we are relyi...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I just ran across H5P interactive content and really like the potential for my online classes. I know there are many, many apps that already are available in Canvas. I would have to pay for the H5P service if I go with that, but are there equivalent ...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Deleting Questions1) How do I delete or remove courses, modules, quizzes, etc. that I imported from common share?  I no longer want to use them2) How can I delete multiple items instead of one at a time?  Can I remove multiple pages, quizzes, modules...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do students go back to a quiz that has been closed to study for an upcoming exam? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is the short cut for opening multiple windows of canvas 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can you copy a course into a new [free] account while there are active users in the original course?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Teacher grades (saved & published) are not visible to students!

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I want to add a science fair course from the district to my courses. How would i do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are a career and technical education program and typically students come to us for 3 years consecutively in 10th through 12th grade.  Based on a competency education model, our students need to complete a variety of standards throughout their 3 ye...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have participated in the Science Olympiad Club and joined the canvas class for it. I now have a total grade of 70% in that class. Does this grade affect my education in any way like bring my overall GPA down or stick on my transcript or etc?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi  What is the best way to share rubrics across courses when the same subject is being taught to different classes by different teachers?    I have a school who want to create generic rubrics and share them with all teachers across the school.    Ju...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does the canvas site shut down after a certain time?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can get into Dashboard, but cannot access Distinguished Faculty Award because all it does is flash.  What do I do?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students cannot see my Assignment Comments in SpeedGrader even though I pressed "submit"

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

We are trying to upload a file to a "file upload" question in a quiz. We use google docs and when we try, it is showing the document as unavailable. Even though we can see it, we are not able to select it to upload it. Can someone assist with this?(F...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want:students to be able to submit multiple drafts to one submission portalto be able to give feedback using the same marking criteria MORE THAN ONCE and not have it override the previous feedbackCurrently, if a student submits a second draft and I...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, In the Turnitin report under the e-rater section, what does "article error" mean??Elaine

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies