Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

A question:  My students just finished a group project.  In the settings, I selected the choice that all students in the group get the same grade.  Now – after I have posted grades for most of the other teams, all of which populated automatically, of...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-20-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

copy MS word exam files into Canvas?#ms word

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I send a mass email to all of the students in one section?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a TA for a course that I took a year back and I am trying to copy over the modules and content from the old course page to the new one. Unfortunately when I go to import course content on Canvas the only course options are the ones I am a TA for...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How would I find a student's details (grades, past assignments, etc.) if he/she has been out of the class for a long time and is no longer enrolled in the class? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I use list view for canvas dashboard. I recently withdrew from a class and in the list view for dashboard the upcoming assignments are still showing up for it there. How would do I get rid of it? 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've been playing around with it, and I feel like I already know the answer....Curious if I could assign an essay quiz on canvas and add a rubric to it.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a course that I made live today and nobody can access it. It consists of several modules containing pages of content, and a quiz. The course is an "ongoing" course, so it should be accessible and the start date under settings is yesterday.I ve...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-21-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My turn it in window is not completely showing which prevents me from submitting an assignment please help!

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-03-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to link publication of an assignment or discussion to the publication of a page?  I often have several assignments linked to a lesson page, and I'd love to be able to have them go live when that page does, rather than having to publish...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-22-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Who adds new course shells?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 10-17-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We are trying to align quiz questions to Outcomes in New Quizzes. So far, it has worked well to see how students are doing on each quiz with each Outcome. We would like to track the Outcomes for Quizzes to get data for the entire quarter. I wasn't ab...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 10 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I want to revise an exam and use questions from another exam already in the same canvas course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How do I transfer a quiz from one class to another class?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I view/join student groups? I want to view and also actually JOIN their group to see what they see before I tell them about their groups in class.  But when I click on 'People' while in Student View mode, then click on Groups and select a grou...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

When I choose arrange by assignment group I expect the grades to be in alphabetical order. They are not. Why not?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an English teacher and I have students engage in essay "workshops" in groups in a Discussion where they post first by a deadline, and then interact later (I reopen the discussion with a new due date). Sometimes, after the first post deadline has...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We recently had an issue where students had a problem seeing the equations in our math placement tests. The question would appear, but where the equation should appear was empty space. The issue seems to have been confined to the Safari browser, but ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 Replies

The place to submit my assignments isn't showing up. My instructors have not set it to where I can't submit assignments. How can I fix this?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I can't create a parent account there is no link on the log in page. I did log in on my computer with my sonsinfo but when I go to his dashboard the outline of his courses flash blurry lines....why?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-23-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I find Speed Grader?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My question is how to send file to my teacher if the Recipient name is invalid?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am in the process of creating the major test for my class, HLTH 3202.  I can see how to shuffle answers, but I want to shuffle questions.  I got the following link https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-15053-4152780618  However I do not see the ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to install Canvas-LMS, but when installing yarn v1.10.1, I got this error:[5/5] Building fresh packages ...[1/15] ? node-sass[6/15] ? uglifyjs-webpack-plugin[7/15] ? spawn-sync[8/15] ? fetch-mockerror / home / canvas / canvas-lms / node_modul...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've seen this issue occur with at least 2 of our instructors, and it's probably happened with a few more instructors, they just haven't alerted us (our office). The issue: after creating an assignment page, and then going in to edit it (add content)...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Can i change the default to be something other than "Assignment" when i am creating a Page in the Modules section of Canvas?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On the Calendar & Dashboard, How am I suppose to tell which class/teacher is for which kid? A few teachers on the dashboard have labels such as Math 7, English 5. but not all.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When syncing my test grade to Powerschool, the grades went successfully to Powerschool but are now missing in Canvas! How can I prevent grades from being erased in Canvas after sync?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Google Cloud Assignments:I'm learning to use Google Cloud assignments and understand that using this tool creates both a class folder and an assignment folder.  Can you rename those folders and still have them communicate with Canvas properly?  Thank...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-16-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It appears as thought the rating title is a required field but I don't remember it being that was before. Is this a recent change? Is it something I can control in the admin settings?

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies