Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I would find it very useful to incorporate Turnitin Writecheck into SpeedGrader. Basically, I would like to have a button that would, if pressed, return a score for spelling and grammar. Is this possible or are there any plans to have an option like ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Has anyone been able to get one of Microsoft's interactive tutorials to embed into a canvas page yet? Here's the one I'me trying to figure out, but my knowledge of coding is still very limited so I don't know how to make it work Help students read mo...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to recover a replaced submission? I typed a 300 word essay into the text editor then submitted it, then I uploaded the pdf chart that was meant to accompany it, and found that it replaced my essay which is now gone (I swear I did somet...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Is there any way you can use question banks made in Quiz in New Quizes? I have tried to find a solution but cant find anything. If this isn't possible. Is there a workaround to solve this that anybody know of? Thanks/jonas k

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to copy some videos to my planned canvas. I would like to utilise a guest speaker's presentation from the last year canvas unit

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When we submitted an assessment in the canvas the plagiarism report was not generated, it been 2 days what to do now?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to filter CC videos in Canvas rather than searching which videos have closed-captioning one-by-one? Thanks so much!

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how can i change my password on canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All, Does anyone have any experience with the Admin Course Evaluations tab under course navigation? We've been having some issue where some of our subject administrator aren't seeing the tab when they access a course, even though we have it enable...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

hwo do I get my placement in an Englishclass

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know of a way to have multiple due dates under the same discussion. As my faculty members discussed, they desire to split a particular discussion into three parts, part 1 where students summarize their chapter, part 2 where they share wha...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone know of a way to have multiple due dates under the same discussion. As my faculty members discussed, they desire to split a particular discussion into three parts, part 1 where students summarize their chapter, part 2 where they share wha...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I am wanting to create an exam (quiz) where the student can save their progress and come back to the exam later.  How do I accomplish this in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a 1,2,3 step guide to upload my assignments? I know that was the first thing you thought us when we started the course but as I do not do it every day, I forgot. Thank you!

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've published all my assignments, but the grades for one of them show up in a pink column while all the others are gray/white. What does that mean? (A student told me his grade was missing for that assignment but I can see it.)

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Aside from New Analytics no longer providing 'stoplight' styled dashboards and merging what was once course, students and analytics beta into one new tool, I am curious as to changed functionality between old and new. Specifically, has anyone found a...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I want to award attendance/participation points for my classes. If I create an assignment the points seem to skew the grade?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I submitted a group project last night before the assigned due date which was at midnight. I woke up this morning to find that another person in the class had chosen to join our group (uninvited) right before the due date of the project (most likely ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have multiple sub-accounts in our org and a student was enrolled into the wrong sub-account. Both of these sub-accounts have the same course tied back to the blueprint, but they obviously have different course numbers. Is there a way to move the s...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I copy a course from Canvas to Canvas, all of the uploaded files (document) from original course copy into the new course, but every link in to those files breaks. Is there a way to prevent this?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

It's finals period, and students messaged me saying that their grades had changed due to the new assignment weights...the only problem is that I DIDN'T CHANGE THEM.  This happened with at least another faculty member at my campus, so I am VERY concer...

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Complaint: Canvas allows you to save a quiz without clicking update the question. Then, when it "saves," none of your work is actually saved unless you clicked update the question. There should be a pop-up window or something so that users don't lose...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Canvas CommunityWithin a Canvas Rubric, is there a way to move around the order of the criteria? At the moment, I am only able to add new criteria to the bottom of the rubric, but I'd really like to be able to add it to the 3rd row (for example). ...

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hi, is anyone here using Google Assignments LTI?  If so, are you able to sync your grades from Google Assignments with Canvas so they will appear in the Canvas Gradebook?  For some reason, a teacher at my school told me that she is having difficulty ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello Canvas Community. Is there any way to bulk download AND print student assignments? Many faculty members prefer to grade hard copies, however, having to print each submission individually is very time consuming for classes on 90+ students. Any t...

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

In the Gospels course, I get a "404 Not Found" error when I click on the syllabus link: http://rts.edu/SharedResources/Documents/Global/DE%20Syllabi/Gospels_Syllabus.pdf This appears to be an issue on your end rather than mine?JS

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

There is an exclamation point in my total column and it is not calculating total percentage for student.  I have tried to correct this - but cannot seem to? What have I done incorrectly and how may I correct this?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies