Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I was wondering if there is a checklist for the following action. I have a quiz that has 20 questions that I would like to have 10 shuffled to get 10 total.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a student/user edits a discussion post after others have seen and marked it as "read", Canvas does not seem to indicate that there is something new/edited in the post. This is especially problematic if students make improvements/fixes to posts tha...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have had trouble recording a video announcement using the rich content editor feature.  It records just fine and then I click save and nothing happens.  I wait and wait and wait.  It will not upload.  What am I doing wrong?  Thanks,Annie

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a Surface Pro that doesn't have Google Chrome or Firefox as the web browser, so how am I suppose to use Canvas now?  My app store does not have either one of those apps.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Students submitted the wrong assignment, how do I allow them to resubmit the correct assignment

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am wondering if it is possible to set banks or a list of keywords that students must include in their response to an essay question of a quiz. In this case I have 5 keyword categories of similar words and would like the essay response to be automat...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Looking for any suggestions on how a teacher could do a timed writing activity that allows students to go back in and edit the response after submission? I was playing with multiple submissions in an Essay Question Quiz, but that won't work with bein...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Why are my posted grades listed as "missing"?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

As a student, how do I change my course grading system to pass/no pass?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I go about contacting Canvas IT? I had a discussion that did not post and my instructor said to contact IT and see if they are able to pull any record of the post. Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In other words, is it possible to see and grade all the student submissions for Question #4 on an assignment vs. grading an entire assignment for one student and then move on to the next student? I don't think it is, but I just wanted to check. Thank...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

The Dashboard only shows A pattern of a Large black box, two short horizontal black rectangles (one is shorter than the other), and 4 equally sized black circles. Whenever I enter certain classes, all the tabs are blank except for modules, but every ...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I bring up an assignment on Speed Grader I do not get a menu bar to allow me to annotate the document submitted by the student.  Why?  What setting do I need to change?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I keep getting the same "Loading" screen when trying to log into the assignments and quizzes for one specific course. It doesn't happen for other courses I teach, and it also doesn't happen for another instructor who tried going into the same course....

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do or can I find a quiz that I accidentally deleted?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,In one of my new online classes that began this morning, we need to read a particular document in a file, however, when I click on it, I get the "Access Denied" message and locked graphic. Does the instructor need to personally grant me access ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When running an item analysis for a quiz, 3 questions had Point biseral greater than 1 (1.09, 3.56, -3.56, -5.97), and the number is followed by E-15.  What does this mean?

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am list on the course, why can I not see the content?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I had students post attachments in a discussion board rather than just type their post for the first time ever, and I'm really hesitant to download and open the files. Does anyone know if Canvas does any type of virus/malware scan of attachments?

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

canvas doesn't load. i can't see anything from the dashboard, and when i click on my class unable to load my homework, so i have to upload everything through my phone. 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since the school year has started, I haven't been receiving any email notfications about class announcments, grades, etc. like before. In my settings it says that Canvas was unable to send emails to my email address. How do I fix this? Also, I was to...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I turn in my work from a word document to my assignment in canvas

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am new to canvas.  I'm having issues getting content on my apple laptop but no issues on my desktop PC.  Can anyone provide assistance?  Thank you!

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can access my courses and some the home features of each class but cannot access the rest.  Assignments....

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I added all of my office hours (and travel) to my Canvas calendar.  They are under my name, but I want the students in my (multiple) courses to access this information as well.  How do I add the ability for students to see these events without duplic...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to upload the HRW assignments as a quiz so canvas will automatically link the grades to Pinnacle.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My entire canvas dashboard, along with assignments grades ect. 

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies