Google Analytics and Canvas Resources

Document created by Christopher Phillips on Oct 4, 2017Last modified by Christopher Phillips on Nov 8, 2017
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

There are a number of tremendous resources on using Google Analytics with Canvas. This page is an attempt to gather and organize those resources. If you know of one I have missed please let me know! 

Canvas Community Resources

1. How to Set Up Google Analytics for Canvas from Jeremy Perkins
  2. Using Google Tag Manager to add Google Analytics 
  3. Google Analytics Custom Dimensions through Google Tag Manager 
  4. Google Tag Manager Recipes 

Presentations

1. CanvasCon USF: Using Google Analytics to Understand Canvas Usage  by Jeremy Perkins
    This is a great overview of key metrics in Google Analytics, custom variables and setting up dashboards. 
  2. Learning Analytics and Canvas Data by Kevin Reeve, Christopher Phillips, Kenneth Larsen, Meghan Lewis, and John Louviere
    • Video coming soon

Blog Posts

1. A blog series from Adam Williams on his experience getting started with Google Analytics and setting up dashboards: 

Discussions

I don't think it makes sense to add all of the discussion posts related to Google Analytics, but there are a few great ones that include some helpful references: 

1. How to add Google Analytics to a Canvas Page 
  2. Google Analytics for Course Activity and FERPA 

External Links

Please let me know of other Canvas Google Analytics resources and I will add this to this page! 

1 person found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes