How do I @mention people, places, content in the Canvas Community?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Jun 22, 2018Last modified by jivedocs@instructure.com on Jun 22, 2018
Version 2Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

The @mention functionality allows you to link a person, place, or piece of content in the Community.

When you @mention a person the user is sent a social interaction notification in their Inbox. Depending on their preferences they will also get an email notification. When you @mention a place it will be noted in the places activity stream.

Reference @mention

Type @ to begin your reference  

Whether you're posting a status update, asking a question, posting a comment or creating a document in the community, simply type the @ symbol and begin your reference. A search dialog with suggestions will be listed.

Use Underscore

Use an underscore “_” as a space to search for names or titles with multiple words

For example, if you wanted to reference this guide, you would type @How_do_I to begin referencing the list of all content that start with "How do I..." Keep typing to narrow the choices further.

Select Reference

Select the correct match from the list

The new link shows up in your content.

You are here
Table of Contents > Communication > How do I @mention people, places, content in the Canvas Community?

Attachments

Outcomes