How do I log into the Community with my Canvas account?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Jun 22, 2018Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Oct 22, 2018
Version 5Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Technically, anyone can view and search the community. But in order to participate, you must log in. Anyone with a Canvas account can use those credentials to log in. Below are two ways you can log into the community - via web and via mobile.

The easiest way to log into the community is from the web.

Note: You may need to allow browser cookies and clear any previous cookies for this site before logging in. 

The Canvas login screen requires your login [1] and password [2]. Depending on your institution, login information may vary.

Click the Log In button [3].

Ask the Community

Ask the Community

In the Canvas Global Navigation menu, click the Help icon [1] and then click the Ask the Community link [2].

You can also type https://community.canvaslms.com into your browser search bar.

Both options will take you directly to the community.

In the Canvas Community, click the Log In link and your single sign on (SSO) should log you in.

Select Canvas URL

Select Canvas URL

If prompted with an “Oops” error, select your Canvas URL from the drop-down.

The system SSO will automatically log you in or direct you to your Canvas login.

Confirm your Profile

Confirm your Profile

If you are logging into the community for the first time, you need to confirm your profile details. Once confirmed, click the Log in button.

Note: Your username is the name that will show up in the Community. This is the only time you can update your username. Otherwise, changing your username later will require some additional support from our end. (How do I change my Canvas Community username?)

If you are logging into the community via mobile, the best way to access is via a mobile browser.

Note: Currently logging into your Canvas Mobile App will not automatically log you into the community.

The Canvas login screen requires your login [1] and password [2]. Depending on your institution, login information may vary.

Tap the Log In button [3].

Search the Canvas Guides

Search the Canvas Guides

In the Canvas Global Navigation menu, tap the Help icon [1] and then tap the Search the Canvas Guides link [2].

You can also type https://community.canvaslms.com into your browser search bar.

Both options will take you directly to the community.

Tap the Log In link and your single sign on (SSO) should log you in.

Select Canvas URL

Select Canvas URL

If prompted with an “Oops” error, select your Canvas URL from the drop-down.

The system SSO will automatically log you in or direct you to your Canvas login. Then you will be taken to the Community home page.

You are here
Table of Contents > User Account & Profile > How do I log into the Community with my Canvas account?
2 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes