How do I give a badge to another user in the Canvas Community?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Jun 22, 2018
Version 1Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

What are User Badges?

What are User Badges?

User Badges are peer-to-peer badges in the community. There are currently 4 different types of user badges.

• Congratulations: Did someone just level-up? Advance to a new role icon? Acknowledge their achievement with a Congratulations badge.
  • Nice Work: When you want to recognize someone's effort or contribution (blog post, comment, answer, idea, etc.) in the community.
  • Thank You: When someone's done something nice and you just want to appreciate him/her.
  • Welcome: See a new member lurking about? Send them a welcome badge and comforting message.

Where can I find and award a User Badge?

There are five (5) places you can initiate and award user badges to other members in the community.

User's Profile Page

User's Profile Page

On a user's profile page, click the Actions menu [1] and then click the Give badge link [2].

Badge Page

Badge Page

Visit the Badge page. To give a badge, click the badge image.

In the Rewards dashboard, you can also click your point total to access the Badge page.

Content Items

Content Items

In a content item, click the Actions menu [1] and then click the Give a Badge link [2].

Comments and Replies

Comments and Replies

In a comment reply, click the Actions menu [1] and then click the Give a Badge link [2].

@mention a User

@mention a User

When you @mention a user and hover over his or her name, click the Give a Badge link.

How can I send points with a user badge?

How can I send points with a user badge?

In addition to awarding a badge to a member in the community, you can also send bonus points. If someone helped you troubleshoot an issue or shared great  insights, these may warrant a extra points beyond just a badge.

To send points, select the point designation from the slider.

Notes:

• Points will detract from your current available points.
  • There are no lifetime points in the gamification system. Giving points away will also negatively impact your current point-level standing in the community. For example, if LEARNER III is 500 points and you have 550 points, giving away 100 points will change your status to LEARNER II with 450 points.
  • The personal messages associated with badge awards and subsequent replies to those messages are visible to everyone in the Community.

Where can I see all the badges awarded to me?

Where can I see all the badges awarded to me?

To see the badges you have received and who gave them to you, go to the Badge page. Or, in the Rewards dashboard, you can also click your point total to access the Badge page.

Note: To know who gave you the badge, hover over the badge image.

You are here
Table of Contents > Community Reward System > How do I give a badge to another user in the Canvas Community?
2 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes