Phantom of the API

Document created by travis.thurston@usu.edu Champion on May 14, 2015Last modified by Kenneth Larsen on Jun 17, 2015
Version 9Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Instcon15 HOME.png

kenneth.jpg

Presenters: Travis N. Thurston, Kenneth Larsen

Click on presenter name to follow profile and stay connected. Be sure to 'follow' this document to receive session updates.

SESSION DESCRIPTION

Want to unravel the mystery of API? Want to do it in a way that doesn't haunt you? This workshop will demonstrate various API interactions and guide participants in a hands-on experience in using API to configure and pull reports from Canvas. Perfect for Canvas Admins and other Canvas technology phantoms, er, enthusiasts.

LOCATION MAP & ROOM

Grand Summit Hotel - Kokopelli 1

instcon15 Map - Grand Summit.png

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Before we gather as a (cheerful) mob on Tuesday, June 16th to pursue the Phantom of the API into the bowels of Canvas, you need to prepare yourself.

angry-mob.png

Grab your browser pitchfork (Chrome) or torch (Firefox) and add in a little something to help deal with some of the JSON we will encounter on the way.

Also, please take the API Poll to help us know what we are up against so we can plan our attack.

Before you arrive please complete the following:

1. Download and install either the Chrome Extension JSON Formatter or the Firefox Add-on JSONView
  2. Take the InstCon15 Phantom of the API Poll to provide your input (if you're having a problem accessing the poll, please join the I Heart Pandas group)

Thank you all for attending, it was great to have you. You can view the slide deck at InstCon15 - Phantom of the API (use spacebar or arrow keys to navigate through the slides). All of the links point to the USU instance. If I get a chance I will try and create a way to customize the slides.

Stay engaged with presenter and session attendees by posting your comments below.

Attachments

Outcomes