Presenter: Ryan Seilhamer, Luke Bennett
Click on presenter name to follow profile and stay connected. Be sure to 'follow' this document to receive session updates.
Are you ready to set your groove to mobile? This interactive session will lead participants through a mobile choreography, then discuss the considerations needed to design, deliver and manage mobile-friendly Canvas courses. The following mobile apps will be featured: Magic Marker, Polls, Canvas (iOS and Android), and SpeedGrader. Participants must BYOD (tablet, phone, etc.) and may be required to download a few apps in advance.
LOCATION MAP & ROOM
Grand Summit Hotel - White Pine 1 Room
Hello Everyone! We are excited that you will be joining us in Park City! Our session theme will be music appreciation with a focus on the 80s. Why? Why not! It was pretty rad.
Below are a few suggestions for you to make the most of this session:
- Bring your iOS and/or Android device. Our focus is on the Canvas Mobile apps which support these two platforms. Sorry Windows Mobile and Blackberry users!
- Download the following apps on your device(s)
- You will be getting involved. Please save to your device's camera roll/gallery a photo of an 80s musician on stage, in action. If you can't find a photo, save one from our library:
- We also plan to have a discussion about your favorite 80s musician, so come prepared to share yours and why!
This session will be general for most users, but please post what you hope to learn in the discussion below.
- Canvas by Instructure App
- Features Overview / Considerations
- Demo and Lab
- Mobile Design for Canvas Mobile
- Benefits / Considerations
- Feature Overview
- Canvas Polls
- Features / Considerations
- Demo and Lab
- Features / Benefits
- Session PowerPoint is attached
- Mobile Series: Just-in-Time Design (2014)
- Mobile Series: Formative Assessments
- Mobile Series: It's a Kind of MagicMarker!
- Mobile Series: Texting While Teaching
Canvas Mobile User Group (CMUG)