Let the spring cleaning begin! Your faculty's courses/semester/year is coming to an end (or have ended) and it's time they clean things out in prep for a future fresh start. As the admins in charge of rolling out, on-boarding and training your teachers in Canvas, this becomes a great opportunity to get informal feedback from them to better understand their workflow when closing out their 'Canvas classrooms'.
Until June 21 (when spring is over and summer sets in), set-up an informal meet-up with a focus group of faculty/teachers at your school. We know this is a busy time (hence why, it's a 'challenge'), so get creative in your recruitment. Ask faculty about their 'spring cleaning' processes, their challenges, their successes within Canvas. After your meet-up, come back to the Canvas Engagement Strategies group and blog about your feedback by clicking the button at the end of this document.
All authors who submit a blog post before the first day of summer (June 21) will receive 25 community points plus get a cool badge added to their profile in the Canvas Community. But the top prizes breakdown as follows:
- $25 = Top 5 posts (based on # likes, views, star ratings, bookmarks, shares, quality of comments, and the opinions of the Engagement Team)
- $75 = #1 Winner (from the Top 5) determined by the community (in a poll)
- JUNE 21, 2016 = All posts must be published in the Canvas Engagement Strategies group (and tagged with spring cleaning) to be considered for the TOP 5. Posts published after deadline will be welcomed, but not be considered for this contest.
- JUNE 22, 2016 = Top 5 blog posts will be announced in a poll and open for vote (Authors will have the most of the summer to increase the visibility and ranking of their blog. Share it, tweet it, get people to read and rate it, comment on it, etc. to help surface your post to the top.
- AUGUST 1, 2016 = #1 Winner announced
Check out How do I create a blog post in a group? for more details.