Plagiarism Checker Applications, LTI's, Oh My!

Document created by Roxanne Conroy Champion on Aug 30, 2016Last modified by Roxanne Conroy Champion on Aug 14, 2017
Version 6Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

Hi Community!

As suggested by Biray Seitz on our Ryver "Third Party Tools" Chat, This one stems from the thread Alternative to Turnitin? where it was discussed what people's experience was with various Plagiarism checking LTI's.

Our University is in the process of looking at other Plagiarism Checkers and are currently in the early stages of Beta Testing Alliance Partner - Unicheck against Alliance Partner - Turnitin.

Here is what we have for research and resources so far:

Edu App Center

Alliance Partner - Turnitin

Edu App Center

Alliance Partner - Unicheck

Edu App Center

PlagScan - System Integration LTI/Canvas

Edu App Center

They're all paid applications that were mentioned in comment thread of the Alternative to Turnitin? Discussion.

Does anyone have specific experience with Unpaid Applications that are able to be embedded into Canvas? If so, which ones? Do they have Speed Grader Integrations? I'd especially like to hear your experience with course copying and setting retention. When we last spoke with Turnitin, they did not have it on the near roadmap to retain settings after Course Copy. After speaking to Unplag, they said this could be completed in production in a matter of weeks and its on the way to doing so. Edit: Unplag has already made this feature possible and in production! (that was in a matter of a week and a half after suggestion!)

CCing Rebecca Grooms for any input too!

(EDIT: 10/13: Our school went with Unplag as a plagiarism checker. See more about the process in the Blog I wrote about it here! Unplag Plagiarism Tool Resource )

2 people found this helpful

Attachments

Outcomes