We know it can be confusing when you have so many avenues to take when a Canvas question arises. In order to save your time and maximize the resources your institution has paid for, we have created a guide for you to follow when those questions come up.
When to file a ticket / reach out to Support
- Authentication Issues
- Call into Support on your admin line or file a support ticket.
- Having whoever manages your auth server available when you call will also help expedite the process.
- Are students and teachers having issues signing into Canvas? Please have as much information as you can ready when you call. Who is having issues signing in? What error message are they receiving? How long has this been happening? Is it just that one user or multiple?
- When Something Doesn't Work
- Is something in your Canvas production environment not functioning like it usually does? File a support ticket or call in on your admin line. Please include as much information as you can. What is not working? How did it work previously and what has changed? How long has this been happening? Include screenshots and URLs, if possible.
- Content Problems
- Has something gone missing in Canvas? Are you having issues saving or submitting an assignment? File a support ticket or call in on your admin line. Please include as much information as you can. What is missing and from what course? Who created it? What error message are they receiving? Include screenshots and URLs, if possible.
- SIS Issues
- Is something not pulling over from your SIS to Canvas? Are grades not being passed back like they used to? File a support ticket or call in on your admin line. Please include as much information as you can. Who/What is missing and from what course? What error message are they receiving? Include screenshots and URLs, if possible.
- Troubleshooting LTI Tools and Third Party Integrations
- Are you having issues with Turnitin? YouTube? or ANY other LTI tool/Third Party Integration from our EduAppCenter? File a support ticket or call in on your admin line. Our support team has contacts with every partnership and can reach out to them if it is not something our support team can resolve.
*Please remember, if you are not satisfied with the answer you receive on a support ticket, let your CSM know. We can reach back out to our support team and dive a little deeper into the issue.
When to email / reach out to your CSM
- Do you need assistance with your rollout or adoption plan? That's what we are here for. We can rope in our Product Engagement team, if needed, to help design and develop the best rollout plan for your institution.
- Switching to a different SIS
- Is your school moving from Skyward to PowerSchool? From PowerSchool to a custom SIS? Any SIS change will come to us. We will submit a ticket to our implementations team to get a call scheduled and iron out the details. This will entail possible remapping, forms, etc. depending on what you are moving from and to.
- Enabling LTI Tools / Third Party Integrations
- EduAppCenter - Did you just receive your subscription confirmation for Turnitin? Are you interested in getting Khan Academy set up for your institution to use but aren't sure where to go? Check out our EduAppCenter for details. If you still have questions, let your CSM know. We can walk you through the steps or enable it for you.
- Google Drive - check out the integration steps HERE
- Office 365 - check out the integration steps HERE
- Let us know what else comes up! We can help or get the right people involved to resolve the issue.
- General Questions
- Are you not sure if your specific concern should come to us or support? Shoot us an email. We will let you know if we can help or if the best course of action it to file a ticket with support.