How do I set Notification Preferences in the Canvas App on my Android device?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Apr 19, 2017Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Apr 19, 2017
Version 3Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

You can set notification preferences in the Canvas app to receive updates about your Canvas courses. Selected updates are push notifications, meaning notifications are sent to you even if you have not opened the Canvas app. You can choose to set notifications for specific contact methods, or you can set notifications for all devices.

Contact methods in the Canvas app are the same methods added to your Profile and User Settings in the browser version of Canvas.

The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.

Note: Because mobile notifications are currently limited, mobile preferences override preferences in the browser version of Canvas. Additionally, daily and weekly notifications are not currently available in the app.

Open User Menu

Open User Menu

In the Dashboard, tap the User Menu icon.

Open Settings

Open Settings

Tap the Settings link.

Open Notifications

Open Notifications

Tap the Notifications link.

Select Communication Channel

Select Communication Channel

In the Notifications drop-down menu [1], tap the communication channel where you want to set notifications [2].

Set Notifications for All Devices

Set Notifications for All Devices

If you want to set notifications for all your devices, tap the For All Devices option.

Set Notification Preference

Set Notification Preference

Notifications are organized into notification groups. To collapse and expand groups, toggle the group arrow [1].

To enable a notification, tap the checkbox for the notification [2]. Checkbox notifications are sent ASAP.

To disable a notification, make sure the checkbox is not selected [3]. Checkboxes without a check mark are never sent.

You are here
Table of Contents > All Users > How do I set Notification Preferences in the Canvas App on my Android device?

Attachments

Outcomes