Once you download the Canvas Student app from the Play Store, you can use the app to log in to your Canvas account. You must have an account to log in to Canvas.
The Canvas Student app will ask you for the name of your institution to find your Canvas account. If the app cannot find your institution, you can use your institution's Canvas URL to log in.
The images in this lesson are shown for a phone display, but unless otherwise noted, tablet displays mirror the same steps.
Note: If you do not want to locate your Canvas URL every time you log in to Canvas, you can switch to another user account.
Enter the name of your institution . You can also enter the name of a school district. When the full name appears in the search list, tap the name .
- If you are an admin and your school does not appear in the search list, please contact your CSM about mobile smart search.
- To log in to a Free For Teacher account, enter Free Canvas Accounts or canvas.instructure.com in the search field.
Locate Canvas URL
If the name of your institution does not appear in the search list, you may need to locate your Canvas account by entering a Canvas URL. If you don't know your Canvas URL, tap the Tap here for help link at the end of the search results.
Enter Login Credentials
After you've located an account, you can view the Canvas URL at the top of the screen . Enter your email  and password . Tap the Log In button .
If you don't know your password, tap the Forgot Password? link .
- The Canvas email field credential varies according to institution. Some institutions may require a username or account number.
- If your Canvas mobile login page does not show the reset password option, contact your institution if you need to reset your password.
- If your institution requires you to log in to Canvas using their authentication system, you will be redirected to your institution's login page.