Thursday, April 6, 2017 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjXsoBcjvQQ
Starts at 1:00 PM · Ends at 1:20 PM, MDT (America/Denver)
Yes, you really can configure your Canvas course Home Page to display your blog, and there are lots of advantages to this approach. Blogs offer design options that do not exist in standard Canvas Pages, and you can use those design options to increase student engagement with the announcements. It doesn't take any more time to "blog your announcements" (in fact, it can even be a time saver; it is for me)... and, I promise, it is a lot more fun when you blog!
Contact Laura Gibbs in advance of the event with any questions or special requests.
- Advantages of blogs as a class announcements tool.
- Blog features that encourage student engagement.
- Practical tips on configuring a blog as a Canvas course Home Page.
- You can see an example of a daily announcements home page at Myth.MythFolklore.net
- The event will be recorded and shared, along with the slidedeck
Why daily announcements? Because learners stretch their skills every day. That applies both to me and to my students.
- Laura Gibbs
Online Instructor at Univ. of Oklahoma / Arts & SciencesHappily teaching online at the University of Oklahoma since 2002.