iOS Teacher App: Need resizable window for grading comments

Idea created by Richard Knopp on Nov 11, 2018
    Open for Voting
    Score4
    • Rob Ditto
    • Jeffrey Brady
    • Ryan.Seilhamer@ucf.edu
    • Kristin Lundstrum

Grading uploaded submissions in the Canvas Teacher App (v1.7) on any iOS device is terribly frustrating. For example, if I highlight text in a submitted student assignment [see attachment 1] and want to make a specific comment about it, the window that pops up takes up the entire screen on my iPad Pro 10.5", whether it's turned vertically or horizontally [see attachment 2]. And apparently, the same occurs on every iOS device.  It does not allow the teacher/grader to view the student assignment while trying to make a comment about anything that has a highlight, a pin-drop, a box, or a strikethrough in the student text. 

The grading comment window needs to be resizable, similar to what is now (finally) possible for the primary "Grades/Comments/Files" window.  

In many ways, the iOS Canvas Teacher App on an iPad with Apple Pencil is far superior and much quicker than using SpeedGrader in a browser.  But this major problem (and frustration) sometimes forces me to grade assignments in a browser and not in the iOS Teacher App.  Please make the iOS window RESIZABLE for these comments!