Mastery Paths with multiple Outcomes

Idea created by Reed Anderson on Mar 6, 2019
    Open for Voting
    Score15

I would like to be able to take an quiz with multiple outcomes attached and depending on the students score of the outcomes will depend on what mastery path or mastery paths are assigned to the student.  They could all have a different number of paths and a assigned to them depending how they scored on different outcomes.  Each student will probably have a unique set of paths depending on how they did.

For example, lets say I have Outcomes 1, 2, and 3 all attached to a certain quiz.  Student 1 masters Outcome 1 and 2, and approaches mastery for outcome 3.  Student 2 masters Outcome 3, approaches mastery for outcome 2, and is below mastery for outcome 1.

I would like to be able to see student 1 receive a mastery path for outcome 1 (mastered), outcome 2 (mastered), and outcome 3 (approaching mastery) while student 2 receives a mastery path for outcome 1 (below mastery), outcome 2 (approaching mastery), and outcome 3 (mastered).  

This will allow students who master an outcome to be assigned extensions while the outcomes they were approaching or below mastery they can be assigned other mastery paths.  

Currently the only way to do it is to have individual quizzes for each outcome, there isn't a way to do it with multiple outcomes.  

I feel like this will open of many many opportunities for personalized learning and be able to have students take pre-tests, remediation, etc.