Open for Voting
We have been using Catalog to feature open-access courses for our students.
- We noticed that when our students are manually enrolled to Open Access courses in Canvas, their course status in that course is “Invited” until they log in to Canvas and accept the course invitation.
- For the same course featured on Catalog that the students are manually enrolled to, The catalogue will no longer show the Enrol Button on the course detail page when the enrolment status is "Invited".
- The Catalogue Dashboard will not show the course until the student accepts the course invitation in Canvas. Students will not know that they have been enrolled to the course until they log in to Canvas to accept the invitation.
We would like to suggest the following improvements to the User Experience:
- We propose replacing the Enrol Button on the course detail page with a message and call to action buttons to let students know that they have been enrolled to the course by their teacher and they have to accept the invitation.
- We also like to propose showing such courses on the Catalogue Dashboard as “Newly Enrolled Courses” with a simple message and call to action buttons..