I propose having a section in assignments that is for instructor (or teaching) notes to be seen only by the instructor. It can contain information the instructor needs to know about how to administer and facilitate the assignment as well as tips or options for the instructor to be aware of. These notes might include:
- The big-picture purpose of the assignment.
- Relationship to other assignments.
- Instructor preparation required to successfully facilitate the assignment.
- Teaching tips.
- Timing and pacing for a class period.
- What students should learn and what they should reflect upon afterwards.