New Analytics: Student Log In Data

(2)

In the New Analytics, it would be extremely helpful for instructors to see specific log in data for each student for attendance purposes.  I want to be able to see what date(s) a student has logged in to the course, and also what pages the student accessed on those (dates).  I could see this to some extent in the old Class Analytics, but I do not like the New Analytics.  Please add this ASAP.

4 Comments
nicole_allenrya
Community Member

Are you looking for this kind of very detailed information that is in an Access Report?  There is an idea for adding a drop down list to new Analytics that would have filters such as this.  I like this idea but I am not too sure that I am understanding exactly how you want it to work in New Analytics.  I do like the idea of a one-stop shopping option.

How do I view the course access report for an individual user?  

or 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-6061-obtaining-and-using-access-report-data-for-an-entire-c... 

zmuncy
Community Novice

What I am not seeing in this Access Report is/are specific date(s) that

students accessed the course and what students did on those dates. Having

just the number of times something is viewed and the last time it is viewed

does not help me. I have a requirement that students must log in to the

course at least four days per week. I want to be able to see that a

student has done just that, along with participating in the course.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 11:17 AM nicole.allenryan@browardschools.com <

nicole_allenrya
Community Member

Okay, I have a better understanding.

I voted on two similar ideas also that you might find interesting.  I was just looking for a way to eliminate inactive enrollments from my data.

Here are the two ideas that I voted on in addition to your idea.  You might want to put a link to your idea over there if you think that it might help your idea get more votes.

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/15553-new-analytics-filters-identifydifferentiate-sections-stu... 

https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/15677-new-analytics-identifydifferentiate-resources-in-dropdow... 

The link below I already sent to you (for your review) it seems as though his 'Time Periods' idea can let you see how many times students checked in each week and what they did when they checked in.  I was trying to find a request for this type of enhancement too so it led me to your idea also and also his Canvancements.

I might start a new idea just with this guy's enhancements (I sent these to you earlier).  I like all of his Canvancements but cannot find any 'feature ideas' that say, "do what this guy does except do it in Canvas and make it user-friendly and quick for both an individual and entire course because I just want to focus on teaching my subject area."

Obtaining and using Access Report data for an entire course 

Thanks for clearing up your idea.  I really do love it as a way of measuring online engagement.  Perhaps Canvas should have a report whose parameters could be set by teachers, etc and it could be emailed regularly (weekly) to users as picked by the teacher.  

No more brainstorming now.  Thank you.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.