Lock the date of Calendar events

(1)

I love that I can drag and drop events on the Canvas calendar.  This makes flowing from one semester to the next easy as can be.  

BUT, in the school-wide events and announcement course and associated groups, there are several teachers and TAs.  This creates the strong potential for accidentally moving other people's school-wide events all over the place.  

What I would love is one of two things: the option on the event to "lock" it on that date and time.  Only the creator of the event, not another Teacher or TA, can move the event.  or A pop-up window verifying that the teacher or TA really wants to move that event.  

Thank you!   

2 Comments
Bobby2
Community Champion

I was just about to submit this idea myself. Thanks for getting the ball rolling Cheryl Furer!

With touch screens it is far too easy to accidentally move an event in the calendar. Having the option to lock it in place would save quite a few dramas.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.