Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fathaulg

Radio questions missing fieldset and legend

Hi-

In testing yesterday, I noticed that radio groups/multiple choice questions are missing an association with the question; they are not using a fieldset and legend, nor are they using appropriate aria grouping and labeling. I also note that this wasn't on the wishlist recently posted, which makes me think its a recent change.

Thanks

Laura

12 Replies
rosemary_saul
Community Member

You're right. Do you know if the semantic link had been present earlier?

I personally don't know. I note that their January 2019 VPAT has an exception for some label and legend elements, though it doesn't provide details of what those elements are. This is a significant issue that should be fixed.

Stef_retired
Community Team
Community Team

@fathaulg ‌, if you haven't already, would you please report this to Canvas Support through your school's support channel so our team can have a look?

Its been reported.

0 Kudos

Thanks,  @fathaulg . I'd be happy to convey the case number to our Accessibility team if you have it at hand.

Just wondering if there is any update on this? Thanks much!

@fathaulg ‌, the place to look for updates would be on the ticket you submitted. What was the response? 

It was submitted through our institutional contact; I don't have access to submit issues directly to Canvas.

0 Kudos

@fathaulg ‌, in that case, please follow up with your institutional contact to get the update on the ticket, and if you would, please ask for the ticket number and post it here so I can close the loop with our Accessibility team.

0 Kudos

Cheers

Laura

0 Kudos

Thanks,  @fathaulg ‌, that's just the information we needed. Our engineers have been working to resolve this; your institutional contact's support ticket is associated with the engineering ticket, so as it is updated your contact will receive updates as well.

I do want to take this opportunity to note that New Quizzes continues to demonstrate great accessibility support. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

Hi-

Can I get an update to this issue? What we're seeing is that visible question text is not included as a part of the accessible label for some of these quiz questions.

0 Kudos