Self Awareness and Personal Discovery

JadeRowland
Community Member

1. Who I Am by Susan Verde.

Who I Am is a wonderful example of teaching young children about self-love. It is so important, especially at their young impressionable ages, that children be reminded that they are enough. I know as a child, it is so difficult to deal with emotions and finding your own place whether it be in school, at home, or with friends and family. This book gives amazing positive affirmations and reminders of worth and it tries to implement how important it is to show yourself gratitude and kindness. This book would help support personal growth as it is giving children helpful insights on what they can say to themselves with kindness. Likewise, this book helps support having respect for others in the form of finding self-respect, thus enhancing their respect for others. Being a successful reader may also come as part of reading this book because this is a book that young children can relate to, therefore it can help them become successful since they can relate to the words they are reading.

2. It's Okay to Make Mistakes by Todd Parr.

It's Okay to Make Mistakes is a book whose main focus is to show children that individuality and what makes you unique is okay. As children, and even as adults, you will make mistakes. You will mess up and be regretful or embarrassed. This book touches base on every personality type, family type, appearances, abilities, etc. Then it teaches that this is okay to be different, and does a wonderful job at reassuring that you are enough. In every way, shape, or form. This book wants children to embrace their individualism. I believe this book would be wonderful at teaching children to respect others and their differences, as it shows that everybody is enough no matter what they look like or where they come from. It will also help with personal growth as this book will promote acceptance of others. This book promotes becoming a successful reader as it is truly written for the audience.

3. I'm Happy-Sad Today by Lory Britian.

I'm Happy-Sad Today is a book that touches base on several different emotions that children may be feeling. It touches base on how children can embrace their mixed feelings and know that theses feelings are completely okay. This book is wonderful for personal growth as navigating the constant changes in feelings can be super difficult for children. This book also is great for relating to respecting others as it is showing that one's feelings can truly be all over the place, this can be a helpful reminder to others that everybody around them also has big feelings.