Introducing: Canvas Certified Technical Admin
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark as New
- Mark as Read
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Content
Introducing: Canvas Certified Technical Admin
CCTA Now Available for Purchase!
• CCTA is ready to launch!
• All about what's included in the CCTA program
• How to find out more and how to enroll
Are you a technical admin of your Canvas instance, or do you expect to be one? The Canvas Certified Technical Admin (CCTA) program is designed to provide technical admins the knowledge they need to ensure a successful setup, design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance of their Canvas instances. This program was released at the end of January 2023, and the first cohort will begin on February 20, 2023. All the info you need is here!
We're so excited to launch this new program in our suite of Canvas Certified options.
You asked, and we listened! Last summer we let you know we were working on building Canvas Certified Technical Admin (CCTA). Many of you gave us feedback about what you wished you knew when you were just getting started as a Canvas admin. We took that great info, and also met with Canvas Support to design the courses in CCTA. What we've come up with is a three-course program that will help ANY Canvas admin - new, experienced, root, sub-account - create an Admin Plan for their instance that will ensure best practice, design, and upkeep of institutional knowledge.
The CCTA program is made up of 2 CORE courses and 1 Elective.
The CORE courses are:
- CORE 1: Canvas Account Organization & Authorization - Explore the best practices and options related to account organization, course management, users and permissions, and authentication and data provisioning
- CORE 2: Canvas Settings & Management - Examine the best practices and options related to settings and tools, analytics and reporting, shared resources, and support and training
After completing the 2 CORE courses, participants will select an Elective to complete their certification. The current electives are listed below. New electives will be added each year:
- ELECTIVE Option: Leading with Canvas for Technical Admins - explore the ways a tech leader can use Canvas to foster a collaborative learning culture by building interpersonal relationships with users and designing opportunities and sustainable structures for users to effectively collaborate to improve student learning
- ELECTIVE Option: Using the Canvas API - This course will help technical admins understand, setup, and discover ways to use the Canvas APIs. Both the Canvas REST API and the GraphQL API will be addressed
The CCTA program is designed similarly to our Canvas Certified Educator program. The courses are:
- Asynchronous with due dates - each course is six weeks long
- Designed for participant engagement - courses have rich learning experiences, great take-aways and tools you won't find anywhere else, and provide opportunities to learn from your cohort peers
- Facilitated by a Canvas Certified Technical Admin - facilitators will help guide discussions, answer questions, post reminders and announcements, and provide feedback on assessments
- Project-based - no seat time requirement, and no tests. Instead, participants will be creating a piece of their Admin Plan with every Module's assessment
In addition to great learning and the creation of the admin plan each participant will have after going through the program, we also have an additional benefit. For those that purchase through Instructure (from your sales rep, your CSM, or from a Canvas Certified rep), there will be an additional Support benefit. Canvas Certified Technical Admins will be able to route their Support tickets directly to an L2 agent, which is a fantastic added benefit!
We are having two kick-off webinars during the month of February:
- Tuesday, February 7, @ 1 p.m. ET (K12 focus). The link to the webinar is here
- Tuesday, February 21, @ 1 p.m. ET. To sign up for that webinar, please click here
Need more information? You can check out our CCTA FAQ and our CCTA One-Pager.
We are so grateful for our amazing community! Thank you to everyone who has given us support, ideas, and suggestions as we built this new offering. We are so excited to welcome our very first cohort of CCTA participants, and hope you consider joining us.
Our Canvas Certified team is committed to creating asynchronous, facilitated professional learning that is high-impact and meaningful. We currently offer Canvas Certified Educator, and are working on additional offerings. If you would like to learn more about our Canvas Certified Educator, you can visit our Canvas Certified Educator FAQs or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.