Unplag Plagiarism LTI: How to Change Settings on an Unplag Assignment
- Subscribe to RSS Feed
- Mark as New
- Mark as Read
- Printer Friendly Page
- Report Inappropriate Content
|** This content is out of date and will not be updated as of 8/22/17 **|
Changing Settings on an Unplag Assignment
Please Reference Unplag's Resource Instructor guide: Unplag LTI (Canvas LMS) - PUBLISHED v1.6 and Unplag Plagiarism Checker: Configuring settings for the Unplag assignment (Unplag app in Canvas) - Y... for more info
Step 1: Click "Settings" on the tool in your assignment. (NOTE: ONLY INSTRUCTORS CAN EDIT SETTINGS. As an Administrator, you will not see that settings box unless you enroll yourself as an instructor. )
Step 2: Click and Customize your Unplag Assignment Settings
You will then be presented with a scroll bar where you can customize the assignment settings. You can choose to do the following:
- Click “On” for Auto Exclude Citations & References: this will allow the students references to boost the originality score, not count against them.
- Make sure “On” is clicked for the Exclude Self Plagiarism in the settings. This will also boost the originality score.
- Click “On” for Draft Submissions. This allows the student to check their plagiarism and see what score they have, and alter anything if need be. You can set however many chances you want the student to have. For this example, we will set it at “5”
- Boosting the percentage of “Omit” for the Similarity sources can be used to not include anything that is below a certain percentile in similarity. This makes the check less rigorous or thorough.
Step 3: "Save" Settings for this assignment and if applicable then "Save for all assignments in course" which will save these settings for all other Unplag Assignments in that course.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.