cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmay
Community Participant

Find sis-import ids for pending jobs

I'm new at canvas and wading through a lot of information.

As I am looking at our sis-imports, the past status logs we create on import, and the api for status, I am seeing a lot of missing import id numbers. I see that there is an abort_all_pending command. Is there a get_all_pending or list_all_pending or something similar? Or does anyone know of a way to find all of the pending sis-import job ids?

Thanks much!

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

For this type of technical question I'm going to share this with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-developers?sr=search&searchId=a0c88048-331e-473a-92c1-...‌ group in the Community. They are the ones who do a lot of things like this and should be able to help!

ColinMurtaugh
Community Champion

Hi Karin --

There isn't a way to filter the results of the SIS imports list API call by workflow_state, but pending imports should appear at the top of the results (if there are any imports in the pending state).  You should be able to read data from the SIS imports list call and stop when you get to an import with a workflow state that isn't 'pending'. Note that if there are a lot of pending imports (probably not a common occurrence), you may need to request multiple pages of results in order to fetch all of the pending imports.

Hope this helps!

--Colin

Robbie_Grant
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kmay ,

We are giving the Canvas Admins area a little bit of love (especially questions that are really, really old) and just want to check in with you.  This will also bring this question new attention. 

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie

0 Kudos
kmay
Community Participant

Yes, answered and all good.

Thanks,
karin 

0 Kudos