cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chastinec
Community Contributor

Self-enroll as a role other than student

Jump to solution

Is it possible to allow authenticated user to self enroll in specific courses as a custom role rather than as a student?

Thank you,

C

1 Solution
awilliams
Instructure
Instructure

Hey chastinec​, as far as I am aware that is the only option available using the self-enroll button or link.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
awilliams
Instructure
Instructure

Hey chastinec​, as far as I am aware that is the only option available using the self-enroll button or link.

chastinec
Community Contributor

Thank you ...that's what I figured; that is was either student or something custom with API

chastinec
Community Contributor

As an alternative, is it possible for instructors to import content from Public Courses (into their own) without being on the roster for the source course?

Thanks again

0 Kudos

Since the course is public, the source code would also be visible, but I doubt this would be a very user friendly way for others to get that content into their course.

What does seem like a user friendly way to do this however is to upload the public course to Canvas Commons​ shared with the Shared With setting set to "Public." This would allow anyone with access to Canvas Commons to create their own copy of this content and use it however they see fit. Some relevant guides:

What is Canvas Commons?

How do I share a course to Commons?

How do I import a resource from Commons into Canvas?

chastinec
Community Contributor

Thanks for your response...I was just working through all the options.

Thanks again.

I should have mentioned the course export option also. Whoever created the public course can create an export package and put that file up for download as well.

How do I export a Canvas course?