Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWilkerson
Community Participant

Synchronous Conferencing tools - Zoom, Teams, or something else? Why and How is it going?

Asking my peers in this Group as we are exploring moving from Zoom to Teams.

• What tools are your institutions using for Conferencing?
  • If you have moved from Zoom what Tool did you move to? 
  • If you implemented Teams - how has the deployment gone? Are faculty finding the tool easy to use OR experiencing issues?
  • What were your decision factors in regards to the tool. Was there a deciding factor like security, price, ease of use, or another factor.

Thank you in advance for any help you all can give us!

Labels (4)
4 Replies
bcrook
Advocate

I do not have answers to any of your questions, but I wanted to thank you for posting because this is on my list for doing this spring!  So I'm going to follow this topic. A huge THANK YOU from me 🙂

adam_c_voyton
Community Member

• What tools are your institutions using for Conferencing?
    All faculty and students have access to Zoom via Canvas. Staff can also use Zoom, but they also have the option to use Skype for Business. 

• If you have moved from Zoom what Tool did you move to? 
    We've been using Zoom for a little over two years. Before we used Blackboard Collaborate, when we used Blackboard as our LMS. 

• If you implemented Teams - how has the deployment gone? Are faculty finding the tool easy to use OR experiencing issues?
    n/a

• What were your decision factors in regards to the tool. Was there a deciding factor like security, price, ease of use, or another factor.
    For Zoom, all of the factors you listed were a high priority. In particular, effectiveness. We needed a system with very reliable up-time. 

Thank you for your response. I appreciate it.

-Catherine

bcrook
Advocate

Well, it looks like I/we decided that we will be making this summer.  So my #1 focus will be on training.  Lots of training videos and providing guidance and confidence.  I know they can do it!  It's the same tool, just in a difference spot.

0 Kudos