Badge Not Being Added in Badgr

Jump to solution
LoneNightShade
Community Member

I passed my Milestone Certified Design Engineer (MCDE) assessment and was awarded with a badge that they said I could add to my canvas account. I tried adding it multiple times and nothings working. It doesn't give me a URL I can use so exporting it directly is the only way. I created an account and signed in. Made sure the emails matched and nothing. Any have any idea why it's not adding the badge to my account?

0 Likes
1 Solution
BenjieMB
Instructure
Instructure

Hi There!

Great question.  I'm going to share some guides and some information that I hope might help.

Uploading non-Canvas Badges/Credentials badges to a backpack.  This guide has step-by-step instructions for how to take a badge that you've earned elsewhere and add it to your Canvas Badges/Credentials backpack.  A key element to keep in mind is that in order for this to work, the badges must be "Open Badges."  Here's a document explaining what Open Badges are and a great resource to help determine whether a badge in question is indeed an Open Badge.  If it's NOT an Open Badge, then you will, unfortunately, not be able to add it to your Canvas Badges/Credentials backpack.

I hope that this helps!

View solution in original post