cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trinaadams
Community Participant

Custom Certificate Bundle

Jump to solution

We are working to create a bundled document using the Custom Certificate feature within our subcatalog of Canvas Catalog. There will be 3 pages.

1. University CE Certificate
  2. Letter of Completion and Congratulations
  3. Industry recognized Certificate of Completion

Our most recent attempt at building the HTML code, leads to the second image overwriting the first image. If the university image is listed first, it gets overwritten by the industry certificate image (attachment 1). If we put industry first, that image gets overwritten by the university certificate image. Attachment 2 is the code we have attempted. The URL reference for each image displays the correct image when clicked.

Thanks for suggestions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
trinaadams
Community Participant

I've attached the .rtf to this response. I hope it is visible.

You are correct re: images on the server. That is the overall strategies for our sub-catalog certificates.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I would suggest customizing the certificate without the background by using the image you want at the Catalog image and then basing the criteria from there. If that makes sense?

trinaadams
Community Participant

Thanks for offering the suggestion. Unfortunately, I am not tracking. I interpret 'using the image you want at the Catalog image" meaning to put one of the images we want for the certificate in as a branding image with the course description and course teaser section. When there's a moment, please clarify. Thanks!

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi,

What I mean is to put it in the Catalog the courses or course are associated with:

264602_pastedImage_1.png

264605_pastedImage_4.png

Select Catalog logo and upload it there so then when creating a certificate it shows when you customize the css:264607_pastedImage_6.png

264606_pastedImage_5.png

It will look like this:

264608_pastedImage_7.png

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I forgot to add you need to put the logo at the root level Catalog:

University of Maryland College Park is ours:

264609_pastedImage_1.png

trinaadams
Community Participant

The error of our ways was having both images as "background-image" within the code and both with the same .container element. See attachment for revised code.

First 2 pages are what we are refining for the final certificates. We must create a certificate jpeg for each individual course receiving the GEAPS|K-State certificate.

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I don't see an attachment. Can you please send it again? You will need to host the background-image somewhere on a server and then attach the code as extra.

trinaadams
Community Participant

I've attached the .rtf to this response. I hope it is visible.

You are correct re: images on the server. That is the overall strategies for our sub-catalog certificates.

View solution in original post

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I would recommend trying to put it all on one line with breaking spaces. Otherwise, not sure.

@jfenton ‌ any recommendations?

jsowalsk
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I would bring this up at Friday's meeting. Please add it to the agenda: https://community.canvaslms.com/thread/21835-reminder-monthly-catalog-use-group-meeting-on-february-...