cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
murphy_1527
Community Contributor

Multiple certificates for one course

For those of you that use Catalog, can you generate multiple certificates within one course, for one person. We offer multiple types of CEs and each CE needs it's own certificate. For example, an individual might take one course. This person may need CEs for nursing as well as health education, two different accrediting bodies. Can Catalog do this?

6 Replies
adarsh
Community Participant

Hi  @murphy_1527 ‌. I know its been a while since you asked this question. I'm curious if you found an answer. I ran into exactly this situation today and was able to address it by adding an HTML page break.

In my instance because our certificates are custom HTML certificates, I was able to create two certificates separated by an HTML page break:

First, you add a new CSS class:

.pagebreakbefore { page-break-before: always; } /* page-break-after works, as well */

.pagebreakafter { page-break-after: always; }

Then add that class to a block element like a DIV, P, H1, etc.:

<div class="pagebreakbefore"> </div>

In my case, I had to include

clear: both;

to each of the classes because my page break was inside another div. I also had to use the pagebreakafter at the end of the first page and the pagebreakbefore at the top of the next page in order for it to work.

Best,

Adarsh 

trinaadams
Community Participant

Hi - below is the code we use for 2 entirely different certificates. For various reasons, each certificate have different fields entered by the system versus what is included in the code. @murphy_1527  custom certificate catalog certificate #certificates

<style>

.div1{

background-image: url("URL TO IMAGE");

background-size: 1024px 750px;

background-repeat: no-repeat;

border: none;

height: 750px;

box-sizing: border-box;

padding: 100px 20px 0;

font-family: san serif;

text-align:center;

font-weight:bold;

font-size: 2em;}

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5{margin:0 0 0.25em;}

h2 { font: italic bold;}

body,html{padding:0;margin:0;}

</style>

<div class="div1">

<br /><br /><br />

<h4>awards this certificate of completion in:</h4><br />

<h2>ENTER COURSE TITLE</h2>

<h4>to</h4>

<h3>{{student_name}}</h3>

<h5>Certification Hours: 1</h5>

<h5>{{completion_date}}</h5>

</div>

<p style="page-break-after: always;"> </p>

<p style="page-break-before: always;"> </p>

<style>

.container{

background-image: url("URL TO IMAGE ");

background-size: 1024px 750px;

background-repeat: no-repeat;

border: none;

width: 1024px;

height: 750px;

box-sizing: border-box;

padding: 100px 20px 0;

font-family: san serif;

text-align:center;

font-weight:bold;

font-size: 2em;}

h1,h2,h3,h4,h5{margin:0 0 0.25em;}

h2 { font: italic bold; font-size: .75em}

body,html{padding:0;margin:0;}

</style>

<div class="container">

<br /><br /><br />

<div style="display:block; margin-top: 220px;"><h2>{{student_name}} on {{completion_date}}</h2>

</div>

</div>

bromanski
Community Participant

Thank you for sharing this!  To clarify, you issue multiple certificates to one person/all students, so they can then download the appropriate certificate for them and submit it to their accrediting body?  Meaning, you can't issue just one certificate to match their CEU needs, correct?

CWilkerson
Community Participant

Hi @trinaadams -

I am trying to implement this and notice I may need to add a new Class to our CSS to get this to work.

I have placed the following coding in between two unique html certificate coding and still only got 1 certificate.

<p style="page-break-after: always;"> </p>

<p style="page-break-before: always;"> </p>

Could you advise on what may need to get added to the custom CSS in Catalog to get this coding to work in the custom html certificate?

-Catherine

cc: @bromanski 

@bromanski 

We serve professional development/non-credit participants both domestically and internationally.
When a course is successfully completed, we trigger a 2-page document.
Page 1: official CE certificate issued by the university
Page 2: industry association partnership certificate

This allows participants to utilize the certificate of choice to meet professional needs. For example, some of our industry association partnership certificates hold more clout than a university CE certificate. This is because participants are not licensed or attempting to maintain licensure so the industry association recognition is of more value.

I hope my explanation helps clarify.

@CWilkerson
Sorry to hear the code is not working as expected. Unfortunately, our code is now handled at a university level and I do not have access to that piece of Catalog any longer. I have not heard of issues from participants but university may have made an adjustment to fix the code before the certificates merged to a single page.

2 thoughts:

1. If there was a copy and paste of code, is there junk formatting hiding behind the text. Especially if working within Word.
2. Maybe there is an <open or </close> missing within the code that is merging to a page.

If you come across a fix, please do share to help improve our certificate capabilities!