Can you shut off 'undelete' feature; Need to clean up /tmp/files/... ?

Jump to solution
sjohns10
Community Member

Hi

I am not sure if I should as this in the bitnami or Canvas forum, so thank-you for your patience and consideration if you need to send me elsewhere.

We have a standalone bitnami Canvas installation, and we are running out of disk space.

After deleting 5G of files via Canvas, no space was returned to the disk availability.

All deleted files were found in

/opt/bitnami/apps/canvaslms/htdocs/tmp/files/0000 (or 0001)/xxxx

We discovered the 'undelete' file feature, and see all these files appear to be restored when using it

After deleting 1 file of .5G while Canvas was running, and NO space was added to disk availability.

After stopping Canvas then rebooting, the allocation space was still NOT added to availability.

We deleted another file of .5G (Canvas NOT running) and the disk availability was increased.

Is there a way to shut of the feature of saving deleted files, and if so, will disk space actually be restored on delete?

In the /tmp/files/... area there are also a number of .imscc files from old class imports. Can they be safely deleted.

I know this /tmp/files area holds everything include class files, student files and student submissions.

Is there a way to safely clean this area up?

Thank-you for your time and consideration!

Sarah

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
sjohns10
Community Member
Author

>> I'm unfamiliar with the Bitnami version,

Thank-you! This makes sense now, and I am always confused on if my question is a generic Canvas or bitnami question.

The bitnami system is a standalone (no cloud storage, only local) linux server.

I will take the question to the bitnami forum.

Thank-you for your help!!

Sarah

View solution in original post

0 Likes