Connection Refused for OAuth2 Access Token Request

fewf
Community Novice

Hi Canvasers,

I'm attempting to utilize Canvas's OAuth2 features, in order to authenticate users into my external tool when they launch from the LMS. My tool is a Django application, and I have a local instance of Canvas.

Right now the situation looks like this, following the directions from OAuth2 - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation :

1. User launches my application from inside LMS.

2. Because User is not authenticated into my app, the user is redirected back to canvas instance to approve access request.

3. User accepts, which makes Canvas successfully hits my application with the signed code.

4. My application then send a POST request back to Canvas server for the Access Token

It's on step 4 that I'm stuck. The Canvas instance never receives that POST and i get an error that looks like:

NewConnectionError('<requests.packages.urllib3.connection.HTTPConnection object at 0x7f71d02a6910>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused',)

Has anybody seen this before? Any pointers? Can I provide any more information to help debug this?

Thanks for all help!

Greg

0 Likes