Help setting up lti_tool_provider_example

sonya_corcoran1
Community Contributor

Hi there,

I'm a junior Ruby/JS Dev getting my head around LTI so I can build our own apps as we've just recently jumped onto Canvas. I was hoping for some help (read: hand holding) to get started. I'd love to be able to understand the Instructure LTI example, so I can leverage the code to build my own LTI app but I can't seem to get it to work correctly.

I've added the lti_tool_provider_example to our beta site successfully via XML but had to update the <blti:launch_url> to HTTPS. The LTI2 URL didn't work as it spits up the following error:

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 2.09.22 PM.png

So, I then cloned the repo and deployed it to my own site on heroku, again the LTI2 URL didn't work and neither did the XML, kicking up with a 500 internal server error.

Screen Shot 2016-10-11 at 3.04.14 PM.png

Any advice, insight or suggestions would be most welcomed. I'm a lonely dev, living in a lonely world. I'm based in Sydney, Australia so if there are any LTI gurus or newbies around, I'd be most interested in catching up, sharing notes and learning all that I can learn about LTI and all things awesomesauce.

Many thanks in advance

Sonya

UTS, Sydney

Labels (1)