How do I find a course by name?

sam_ofloinn
Community Novice

My current project asks me to develop a webpage that allows someone to find a single course, if given its name or ID. Let's say name, for now. To that end, I'm following the official documentation here

The two sections that seem most useful are "List Your Courses" and "Get Single Course". The latter being more precise to what I want.
However, I'm conscious that the users I'm developing this for may not always have the course IDs on hand. Therefore, I'd like them to be able to find the course details on Canvas with just the course's name.
I've reviewed the request parameters for both, but I don't see an option to search by name. I see things like "enrollment_type", "enrollment_role_id", "teacher_limit". etc. Even in "include[]", the optional parameters there cover things like scores, accounts and terms, but not the course name.

I do not know yet if my department will be able to use just the course IDs to searhc. So just in case, it'd be very handy to be able to search by the name as a backup. Is it possible to make an endpoint request from Canvas like I'm looking for?

Labels (3)