[ARCHIVED] How Can I Target Elements in iOS and Android Apps for Custom JS?

Jump to solution
alanjeppson
Community Novice

We run custom CSS and JS in our middle school for a customized grading scheme. For the most part this works very well on the web view. More parents are requesting use of the mobile apps, so I am looking at implementing the same code on the mobile apps. My web view code is written using JQuery, which I know isn't supported and I will need to rewrite in vanilla JS. 

As an example, we convert percentages into words (e.g. 75% shows "Meeting" on student summaries and in the teacher's gradebook.)

My problem is that I (being very amateur) do not know how to target the elements on the page in the app. In the app, I can see where it says "SUBMITTED 75%", but have no idea where to start targeting it with:

document.getElementByID.????

Am I missing something basic? Is there any way to emulate the app in the browser to use my browser development tools? Any help or guidance is very appreciated.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
tdw
Instructure
Instructure

Custom JavaScript does not run on the application components of the mobile app.  I think that it might run on content areas (e.g. if you have CSS that styles headings in content) but I'm not 100% certain on that.  So what you're attempting is not possible using custom JS.

have you considered using custom grading scales and/or the Learning Mastery Gradebook?  I don't know if those will work for you or not as we'd probably need more info on your use case.

View solution in original post