[ARCHIVED] Assignment submission error

Jump to solution
maya_reddi
Community Novice

I created an assignment and indicated that I wanted to use Turnitin - always have done this.

For an assignment - the submission shows up in my view but in the student view it indicates error due to Turnitin

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kblack
Community Champion

Hi  @maya_reddi  Welcome to the Canvas Community. This could be due to it not generating an originality report yet. Do you, as the instructor, see the originality report? (Not the submission itself, but rather the originality report.) If not, this may depend on what time the student submitted it; Turnitin had issues with the Plagiarism Framework version for a couple of days, as indicated here:  Turnitin Status  (scroll down a bit). If this issue persists and you do NOT see an originality report, there should be a Resubmit to Turnitin button immediately underneath the submission in your view of SpeedGrader.

If none of these apply and you did in, in fact, allow students to see the originality report, this may be worth reporting to Turnitin or having your support center report it. My experience with Turnitin support has been generally good so far; they will reply pretty quickly.

I hope this helps a bit, Maya.

View solution in original post

0 Likes