Can no longer change names of courses?

Jump to solution
ys26137
Community Member

Ever since this new semester started, I have been unable to edit my courses with different nicknames. I have a science class with a lab class that their names look identical at first glance and I just want to specify which is the lab class. I was able to edit the names last semester but for some reason it seems like that option has been removed. I can't seem to find the settings tab for the courses anywhere. Was the feature removed or am I looking in the wrong place?

On a separate note, my Canvas courses tab shows I am enrolled in a class I took last semester. I'm not sure how to remove it. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @ys26137 ...

The information on how to give you course(s) a nickname is described in this Guide: How do I view my favorite courses in the Card View... - Instructure Community (see the section on "Create Nickname").

Re: the course that you took last year.  Your school may have policies set in place about past courses within your Canvas environment.  They may or may not be able to remove those for you.  That would be a discussion you'd need to have with your school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department.  In the mean time, you can choose which course(s) you want to appear on your Canvas Dashboard by placing a star next to the course name.  Here's more information on how to do that: How do I customize my Courses list as a student? - Instructure Community.

I hope these resources will be of help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post